• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger Exhaust

mr carl

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
Hey All.….just wanted to share a few pictures of the custom exhaust I had completed on my 67 Charger. I went back and forth on the custom install versus buying a TTI system. Interesting, I contacted one of the vendors for TTI where I live and was told the TTI system would not work with my JEGS high performance headers. Guess they were not interested in a sale. So...Tom Cherry Muffler in Muncie Indiana...3" custom exhaust. Tight fit in the rear but the installer is a miracle worker. Magnaflow mufflers.....sounds great. Need to drive it to get a sense of any drone noise inside the car. Please do not make fun of my air shock lines...lol

Carl
DSCN3289.JPG
DSCN3290.JPG
DSCN3291.JPG
DSCN3292.JPG

Sure looks pretty. Are they the 3 chambered mufflers?
Mine droned pretty bad with 2 1/4" magnaflows, h-pipe and 68/69 cast iron manifolds.
At my son's suggestion I put super bee tips on it which helped quite a bit.

I am not sure....I told Chris the installer I wanted to hear the rumble but not inside the car at 60 plus MPH.

Carl

Mine was not bad at 60 +, about 40 with a 3:23 gear up a slight grade was annoying.

Magnaflow 12229's.....I will get the car out in the next few days and give it a whirl and advise on the noise and drone. Interesting....the sound from the 3" is very different versus my CUDA's 2.5" exhaust

Laying under a car and beating on mufflers might be one of the things which is more trouble than it is worth if you have a good alternative.

Bolt together is fine if it works.
It seems noble to me that someone will tell you of a problem even if it means losing a sale.
It's smart too.
It avoids frustration, future issues and saves reputation.

Your exhaust looks real good. Air shocks here too. I cant afford new springs yet. No Shame here either.

Auto Transport Service
Back