1. Qbrozen

Qbrozen Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    Can you point me in the right direction?

2. Qbrozen

Local Time:
    I replaced the thermostat. The electric fan does the job of cooling the car, it just doesn't kick on like it is supposed to. I bought a thermal switch from Amazon, and I'm just assuming that switch is not working properly.

3. snakeoil24

snakeoil24 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    The center section to covert to a look of rt is on ebay. It is steep but their under 67 coronet

4. Qbrozen

Local Time:
    Installed a switch under the dash to turn the fan on and off. Drove over to my dad's today with the intent of charging the AC with his equipment; however, I'm still running hot, and decided not to finish up the AC until that is solved. I'm going to order up a 3-row aluminum radiator from JEGs, I think.
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Champion-Cool...10002/-1?ymm=4294829711+4294829634+4294829078

Also need to get a timing light because that seems to be a bit off.

5. Qbrozen

Local Time:
    Cooling system day. Did not get nearly as much done as I had hoped because, despite JEGS saying this radiator is for my car, it really isn't. So hours were spent fashioning brackets. Looks like I won't be finishing up till the holiday weekend.

IMG_4692.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Qbrozen

Local Time:
      STILL working on this. Bottom hose would not clear the oil filter, so I repositioned the rad to the driver's side more to gain some clearance. Then found the electric fan no longer fit. Out came the grille again and I reversed the condensor brackets to recess that more and I could now just squeeze in the fan in front and reversed the polarity to make it a pusher. I then had the idea that maybe I could put the stock fan back on as well. It is tighter than I trust, so I heated up each blade and flattened them out a tad.

Moment of truth came to start the vehicle and....nothing. Somehow the fuel pump gave up the ghost while sitting in my garage these past few weeks. Electric pump going in this weekend. I also bought a piece of aluminum sheet to attempt to fashion a new shroud.

• Qbrozen

Local Time:
      Electric pump installed. I strapped it to the tank since I could find no other reasonable location. Works well.

Drove the car to my father's house to charge the AC with his equipment. For the first 15 mins of the trip, the temp was holding a steady 175-180. I thought all was good. Then I got in a drivethru line for coffee where the temp started to climb. Got up to 195. Reached my dad's and found a fan connector came undone. Ok. Hopefully all is good again.

Charged the AC and hit the road. Unfortunately, this time it did not hold steady. At about 190, I turned off the AC, but that did not help. Hit about 210 at its peak.

i decided to check the timing again and now I'm hearing a tapping from the driver's cylinder bank. I took off the valve cover and cranked the engine with fuel and spark disconnected but could see nothing wrong. I'm going to change the oil, change the thermo to a 160 unit, button it all back up and try again.