• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet R/T in NJ

Ok, have you checked the thermostat, timing, etc? You will be generating more heat with the a/c.

I replaced the thermostat. The electric fan does the job of cooling the car, it just doesn't kick on like it is supposed to. I bought a thermal switch from Amazon, and I'm just assuming that switch is not working properly.

Installed a switch under the dash to turn the fan on and off. Drove over to my dad's today with the intent of charging the AC with his equipment; however, I'm still running hot, and decided not to finish up the AC until that is solved. I'm going to order up a 3-row aluminum radiator from JEGs, I think.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Champion-Cool...10002/-1?ymm=4294829711+4294829634+4294829078

Also need to get a timing light because that seems to be a bit off.

Cooling system day. Did not get nearly as much done as I had hoped because, despite JEGS saying this radiator is for my car, it really isn't. So hours were spent fashioning brackets. Looks like I won't be finishing up till the holiday weekend.

IMG_4692.JPG

STILL working on this. Bottom hose would not clear the oil filter, so I repositioned the rad to the driver's side more to gain some clearance. Then found the electric fan no longer fit. Out came the grille again and I reversed the condensor brackets to recess that more and I could now just squeeze in the fan in front and reversed the polarity to make it a pusher. I then had the idea that maybe I could put the stock fan back on as well. It is tighter than I trust, so I heated up each blade and flattened them out a tad.

Moment of truth came to start the vehicle and....nothing. Somehow the fuel pump gave up the ghost while sitting in my garage these past few weeks. Electric pump going in this weekend. I also bought a piece of aluminum sheet to attempt to fashion a new shroud.

Electric pump installed. I strapped it to the tank since I could find no other reasonable location. Works well.

Drove the car to my father's house to charge the AC with his equipment. For the first 15 mins of the trip, the temp was holding a steady 175-180. I thought all was good. Then I got in a drivethru line for coffee where the temp started to climb. Got up to 195. Reached my dad's and found a fan connector came undone. Ok. Hopefully all is good again.

Charged the AC and hit the road. Unfortunately, this time it did not hold steady. At about 190, I turned off the AC, but that did not help. Hit about 210 at its peak.

i decided to check the timing again and now I'm hearing a tapping from the driver's cylinder bank. I took off the valve cover and cranked the engine with fuel and spark disconnected but could see nothing wrong. I'm going to change the oil, change the thermo to a 160 unit, button it all back up and try again.

Been a while since I updated this, I just realized. Since the last report, I have messed with various setting and minor parts. A few weeks ago, I took the car to work. Drove well without incident on the way there. On the way home, the electrical was being a bit buggy. Lights shaking off/on and whatnot. Got home, popped the hood, and started checking connections. The wires going to the starter relay are rotting away. Ordered spools of various colored wire and will start replacing. Otherwise, she did well.

Ambient temp? Way lower than August, correct?

I see guys commenting on the car being very nice etc... Where are you guys seeing this??? I haven't seen one picture of the car in this post except for a steering wheel and one engine shot????
Ron

Ambient temp? Way lower than August, correct?

Yes, lower temp outside. Also, I retarded the timing some. I think I still had it set too high. When I replace the cams and timing set over the winter, I can at least then know for sure everything will be set right.

Been messing with interior a little. Posted this elsewhere but repeating here: I painted the interior emblems and will do the outsides soon. I'm fairly pleased with the outcome.

IMG_5257.JPG

Today, I tackled taking apart one of the door cards, cleaning the material, and cutting a new card.

IMG_5276.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back