• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Dodge Charger Front Windshield Trim Clips

I have not had time to get everything done I wanted to due to other family needs, but I now do have the rear trim clips installed on the top and the bottom. I have not drilled and installed the side ones yet because I want to make certain they mount at the same height as the top/bottom.

Onlyone...your picture show the clips on the side but I want to make sure I match what you have. Do the clips mount at the same height as the top and bottom?

If I can get this done this week I am hopeful to get the glass back in the car next week.

Carl

View attachment 499719 View attachment 499720

I just put my trim on yesterday before I saw this.
Sorry.
From the picture and what I remember they all mount at the same height.
I'm again sorry I can't see them anymore.
I assume you don't even have one place you can see a old mounting hole then?
I would suggest putting one in the trim lip, place in against the body and see where the hole needs to go.
Your picture looks about right.
The top of the clip is barely above the body.

Do you have the factory service manual for putting the rear glass in?
I didn't realize it was in there.
I would have done my rubber differently if I had known.
It might have come out better.

onlyone....no problem...followed your advice....got the trim out to see how it is placed and found out I am missing one piece of trim for the rear on the short side. I will dig out the glass this week to see if it is stuck to the glass and I hope it is....lol....all fasteners are now in place and ready for the glass. I have read the service manual for the glass and printed the pages. I have a friend who does glass install for a living and he is the best I have seen, so he is onboard for this in a couple weeks. He is the same guy who removed the glass from the charger in 2002.

thanks everyone for all the help and advice.

Carl

I have not had time to get everything done I wanted to due to other family needs, but I now do have the rear trim clips installed on the top and the bottom. I have not drilled and installed the side ones yet because I want to make certain they mount at the same height as the top/bottom.

Onlyone...your picture show the clips on the side but I want to make sure I match what you have. Do the clips mount at the same height as the top and bottom?

If I can get this done this week I am hopeful to get the glass back in the car next week.

Carl

View attachment 499719 View attachment 499720

The sides of the back window got longer clips -- longer than the top and bottom. However, you can't find these. Believe me I've looked. So, you have to use the top / bottom clips. The clips end up at the same height as those on the sides and bottom.

Auto Transport Service
Back