• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 package tray insulation question

gtxno1

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone things are kind of starting to get finished up I have a question, my original package tray insulation went between the cardboard and the package tray was black in color and was about 1/4 inch thick sort of looked like a thin hood insulation can not reuse it just disintegrated I purchased a new one from REM and it is jute style much thicker does not want to really fit under the card board has anyone had this problem are you guys just gluing it from beneath also I would like to add a stereo in the future do the speakers drop in from the top of the tray thanks

Just did mine.The speakers go in from the bottom and I was able to salvage my original insulation. ya the REM is about an 3/4" thick and made up of old rags.looked like it would be a bear to get in. Maybe if the rear window was out. No glue
You could go to a fabric store and by 1/8" felt by the foot and make your own.was going to be my next choice if the original didn't workout .original was very "Fragile" (YES)

IMG_5783.JPG IMG_5790.JPG

I am getting prepped to install my headliner glued all the insulation tonight along with the cardboard sail panels hopefully I will get it in Saturday

Yes I am going debating whether to bring the car or not its not complete but I have been driving it no side glass etc a couple of war wounds etc

Auto Transport Service
Back