• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 RT Rocker Molding

JM383

Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
When I painted my 67 Coronet 20 years ago we left the rocker trim off. The car needed fenders, a quarter panel and a quarter patch. So I was left with holes for the molding clips in the rocker panel but not in the new fenders and quarters. For 20 years I haven't been able to bring myself to drill holes in the body but it's probably time to do it. It looks like there are 10 clips per side, 5 of them in the rocker. So I guess the other 5 are used between the quarter panel and the fender. Does anyone here know the location of the fender and quarter panel holes?
rocker molding.jpg

Just happen to be waiting on moulding clips so hope this helps. Only 8 per side, one on fender, 5 under door and 2 on rear of door, hopefully these 2 pictures will help. My clips have been backorded from Yearone and Classic industries and don't know when they will be here. If you can find them rather quickly please let me know. Also they are in the same line across as the door holes. jts

trim moulding 006.JPG trim moulding 010.JPG

Last edited:
Thank You so much! I was going to get the clips from RT Specialties but I see he's out of them too. I guess like a lot of resto parts they all come from the same place. I waited 20 years, I guess I can wait a little longer.

Thanks for this thread, it's a question I would have eventually had to ask too.

My buddy 3d printed those clips for me. I had a couple of busted ones. Turned out great except the clips were black...

Done!! After 20 years finally complete. Thanks to everyone here for help on locating the holes for the clips.

RT Molding.jpg

Did you go with the 8 clips per side or 9? Very beautiful car.... looks super with the rocker moldings!!

Why are the clips so small for such a big/wide molding?? I thought the clips would have been bigger. I have the moldings for my R/T but no clips yet. Not at that stage of the game.
They only hold the top part. There is lip inside of the rocker molding that snaps onto/over the clip (like a french cleat). The bottom of the rocker molding wraps under the car about a 1/4" to 1/2" and there are screw holes in the bottom of the rocket molding to secure it up from there.

Here is something similar but this clip hooks into the bottom and top of the molding:

May be a little late, but Van's Auto has a listing on eBay for the clips $60 & free shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back