• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 satellite 318 headers

megaivtes

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
looking for recomendations on headers for manual steering, OEM starter 67 Sat.
I know TTI are popular, but expensive.
Headman appear to be work, having to jack engine.
Anyone post there experience for a brand that "slides" right in, or is that a "pipe" dream?

Mega,I am in the middle of a install now using TTI's shorty headers.They are for my 273 68 Valiant. Yes they are expensive, But they are outstanding as far as fit and last the life of the car.The shorty's just dropped right in on the passenger side and from underneath on the driver's. No jacking of the engine or steering parts removal.Over the years I have installed dozen's of headers on all Mopars and I can honestly say after removing the manifolds the headers were in and bolted down in no longer than 10 minutes . The TTI people even give you the option of small or large exhaust port heads IE 273/318 or the 340/360 LA head. I am using the stock 273 heads with the small port header.You will have to install the Mini starter though I think is a good idea anyway. Also their complete dual exhaust system will be installed. A B body will even be easier to install. I plan on posting the install with photo's next week on A Bodies. I'll post a few photo's for you here if you like.Just a thought.

Wow, I thought "shorty" headers was only a Mustang thing. How much "theoretical" horsepower do you gain vs. long-tube headers?

To megaivtes - I've run several different brands of long-tubes on b-bodies. I've found that even the cheaper headers last the life of the car (20+ yrs. anyway). I don't have any track data or dyno pulls vs. various headers, but my "opinion" is that as long as the primary tubes are appropriately sized for your engine, most headers on the market with be +/- 2-3 horsepower vs. one another....virtually the same.

As far as ease-of-installation, the expensive "slip tube" headers (e.g. Hooker 2"+ primaries) go in the easiest (& are most expensive). You can install big tube Hookers in about 2 hrs., piece-of-cake. The one-piece headers (e.g. smaller 1-5/8" or 1-3/4" primaries) are tougher to put on & may involve jacking the motor/car up, but are much cheaper (1/2 the price).

A few photos of TTI shortys.I installed their complete system.

IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2621.jpg IMG_2649.jpg IMG_2644.jpg

Darter6-

Power steering?

No,not on mine but I do believe it fits.Their display at the MATS show had a power steering box. Call em'

We used to install Appliance, Blackjack, and Hedman on those small block cars with little problem

Oh yeah,BLACKJACK $49.95 Had them on my '70 Duster back in '75.

...and at the first speed bump- flat tubes on 3 out of 4 on the driver's side!

Yeah Boy !! I was going to say that and the fact they captured the starter and looked like a can of worms under the car.My brother smashed mine flat the first time he drove the car.That was even after cranking the torsion bars up for more clearance.

Auto Transport Service
Back