• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 vent window lower chrome

gtxno1

Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone has anyone ever removed the vent glass from the channel that it is in I would like to send mine out for a rechrome how are you reinstalling the glass back into that channel assembly I am assuming urethane has anyone ever done this thanks

The glass is set in the channel with glass setting tape. It will be tight but you can pop the glass out. Start at one corner and be careful(with glasses) use small screwdriver and slowly pry off. Reset with glass setting tape. Or take it to a glass shop and have them do it.

In my build thread here in the restoration section. The last few pages I explain this and show the size of tape I used...

Last edited:
Andrew,
I can send you enough of the glass setting tape when I send out the rocker clips. Might want to drop me a message next Tuesday to remind me though. Things are pretty crazy for a day or two after getting back from a major show.
Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back