• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 B Body door glass & weatherstrip restoration process

Hotrod20

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
Hello, well here I am beginning to jump into the "process" of inner door hardware and glass removal so I can work on the door skins for paint. Problem is,.. I'm not aware of any step by step process to make this task less frustrating. I do have a service manual, but Is there anyone out there who is willing to share your experience ? or steps ? to avoid frustrating errors by us amateur garage hobbyists? Any help and / or pictures would be appreciated by those in the same boat. :) Was planning on using R/T specialties for replacement door and window track hardware if needed.

Thanks
HR 20

My thread in the restoration section provides detailed info and photos.....

There is no "step by step" manual...the service manual is a good resource for adjustments....

Side glass on b bodies are a pita to get right if never done before. You can spend a lot of time dealing with them...

I am no "novice" and I procrastinate installing them....

Last edited:
If you have not started taking everything apart, take plenty of pictures prior to disassembly. The only other suggestion other than as Justin spoke of is trying to leave as many of the components together as an assembly unless your looking to remove everything and detail prior to reinstalling. Some of the reproduction pieces are not 100% correct as to the original pieces, so be careful and try not to break any of the rollers. Usually a good cleaning and lube well and they will function fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back