• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Belverunnerlite!

TommyShameless1978

Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Hello hello!!!

Just got home from a VERY long trip to Pennsylvania and back, to pick up my first Mopar!

It started life as a blue 68 Belvedere with a 318 and a 3.23 Sure-Grip. Someone put a ton of time and money into this thing, and changed it over to Plum Crazy Purple. You guys wouldn't believe how clean the car is...the floors are like brand new.

I have a target completion date of September, and that includes going slow and taking the time to do things right. I already had a 78 440 / 727 combo sitting in my garage with less than 20,000 on the clock, so in that goes! I will be installing an RV cam, Performer 440 manifold, 750 vac. secondary, headers and full 3 inch pipes. Should be a great running street car, plenty of grunt and able to run on pump gas with no problems.

The gray slot mags will be going away in a few months, too. I'm thinking of Cragars...15x7 up front, 15x10 in the back.

First order of business over the next few weeks is to go over the alignment of the body panels, really get that as perfect as possible. Then, make sure the suspension is in order. After that, it's drivetrain time. Interior will be last.

What do you all think??

I have to get batteries for my phone, and there will be a slew of pics soon, but for now, here's one from when it was in the sellers show room. It really doesn't do it any justice at all, but at least you can see it!

Tommy

!BeMg-WwB2k~$(KGrHqUH-CUErggpLc,(BK8PYMZgdg~~_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be posting a bunch of pics this week. Just got back from PA with it this morning, and ended up sleeping most of the day!

I want to get the panels all aligned by the weekend, so I'll try to get some shots up of that.

looking good! look forward to seeing the progress! Congrades on the first Mopar!

welcome,looks like it was definitely worth the trip.

Welcome home and congratz,that is a great start to a new project:yes:I will be watchin as you transform it to your liking!:grin:

Welcome,and nice car! I think Cragars(S/S,I presume?) would look great on there. That's one of those bodies that can have a number of wheel styles "work" with it.

Yeah, absolutely Cragar S/S! I know I can get away with 15x10's out back, but the backspacing is a bit of an issue. Most 15x10 S/S wheels are 4.25 inch backspacing, which WILL work, but I can't help thinking 5 inches would be better. Of course, that means brand new, custom drop ship rims. I would certainly prefer to buy used!

You guys would poop if I told everyone what I paid for this thing, by the way...I did VERY good!

Auto Transport Service
Back