• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 Charger DashPad question(s)

ChargingZach

Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello, Hope everyone is doing great on this wonderful forum.

I want to remove the dash pad and change it. It has a crack of about 7" in length on top passenger side. The area around it is still soft. To repair, it will cost me about CA$175.00. And will not require dash removal. I have heard that it will still crack up down the road. Now I have also read that repop dashes are available in two different materials but are also supposedly bad. Any word on this?
Lastly, how hard is it to remove the dash pad? Is there a site out there showing an exploded parts setup of this?
Guidance appreciated.
Thanks All

IMG_8078.JPG

Be patient, good originals show up occasionally for around the $200 mark. Even if you have to change the colour you're better off with an original. Any '68 b-body will fit. 7 nuts to remove on the back side. 1/4" ratchet and a 6" extension.

Replacement can be done... but those little speed nuts are WAY up in behind the dash...right behind the dash pad & geez is it tight up in there. If it's a show car, then wait & find an original. If it's a driver, you might consider a "dash cap" which honestly don't look that bad at all. It would take a Mopar expert to notice.

Auto Transport Service
Back