• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger door MOULDING

68chargerpilot

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
Is the chrome MOULDING on this door original or aftermarket? (68 Charger)
Screenshot_20171202-171134.png

The door edge guards were sold as an accessory in the parts department of the dealerships. Unlike factory floor mats which could be ordered as an option for the car, the door edge guards was always a dealer installed accessory. Very common back in the day and NOS samples turn up frequently. Back in the day, the same pieces as what the dealership was selling through the parts counters could be sourced through various companies like NAPA and others.

The door edge guards were sold as an accessory in the parts department of the dealerships. Unlike factory floor mats which could be ordered as an option for the car, the door edge guards was always a dealer installed accessory. Very common back in the day and NOS samples turn up frequently. Back in the day, the same pieces as what the dealership was selling through the parts counters could be sourced through various companies like NAPA and others.
Thanks. I was a year old when these were made
Get most of my info from you grey hairs. Wait, I have grey hair!!!!!:)

Thanks. I was a year old when these were made
Get most of my info from you grey hairs. Wait, I have grey hair!!!!!:)

They could be. I still have original Chrysler door edge mouldings on my car. They have a factory Chrysler part # on the inside of these also. I don't like them & would take them off but they are a moulded stainless steel & I am sure the paint is probably damaged underneath them from when they were slipped on.

20170903_161436.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back