• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger quarter window bushing?

classiccar68

Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Members, I am getting ready to install my front and quarter windows glass. Each of the pieces of glass have holes in them. I believe a some form of bushing goes in the holes before installation. Can someone please tell what is the name of the bushing and where can I purchase the part. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Scott

For the door glass there are 4 holes total two small ones on the leading edge and two larger
ones on the bottom. The smaller ones are for attaching the division channel felts and the larger one in the center is used to attach the regulator track by means of a plastic window rivet and the other on at the bottom rear is for the up stop which is a plastic anchor type bushing with a screw. The two holes in the quarter glass will use a rubber bushing along with a two rubber washers and a bolt with metal washer per hole.

You're talking about this?
vMhnbj6.gif

Or this?
hlxuk6j.gif

TJeS62k.jpg

There are a couple of different things one is called a stop
http://www.partsmix.com/plastic-riv...-72-a-body-1968-70-b-body-1970-74-e-body-1pc/

The other a bolt with a rubber bushing, believe me when I say I scoured the earth looking for a factory version, the best you can get are just repop bolts, you can do like everyone else has to and use some rubber hose to slip over the bolt then through the glass. there is a write up on the net somewhere.

This is a door glass kit, would have to get a picture of the quarter glass kit tomorrow if you should need it. I keep these in stock as does most of the larger general purpose vendors.

DoorGlassKit1A.jpg

You're talking about this?
vMhnbj6.gif

Or this?
hlxuk6j.gif

TJeS62k.jpg

There are a couple of different things one is called a stop
http://www.partsmix.com/plastic-riv...-72-a-body-1968-70-b-body-1970-74-e-body-1pc/

The other a bolt with a rubber bushing, believe me when I say I scoured the earth looking for a factory version, the best you can get are just repop bolts, you can do like everyone else has to and use some rubber hose to slip over the bolt then through the glass. there is a write up on the net somewhere.

Thank you - I have the bolts with the rubber bushings. I am still trying to identify the bushings that go in the holes. I am attaching a picture with one of the bushings.

IMG_20170224_161751982.jpg

The bushings in question are for the quarter glass only. The door glass uses a plastic rivet to attach the regulator channel.

Auto Transport Service
Back