• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger R/T stripe

rodrigues440

Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
FENDER_TAG.jpg

In this fender tag of a Charger R/T 68 triple black, in the "UBS" field there is only the letter "B" under the letter "U". There is no letter or number under the letters "B" and "S". Would this car have a factory stripe? In that case, what would be the color of this stripe? Or does this car have a delete stripe?

Thanks

Stripe delete

B under the letter "U" is the upper door color, this case being black. There would be a color code listed under the "S" if it were equipped with a bumblebee stripe.

B under the letter "U" is the upper door color, this case being black. There would be a color code listed under the "S" if it were equipped with a bumblebee stripe.

Thank you. The doubt has arisen because I have read in some places that in some R / T 68 the absence of letter / number below the letter "S" means that the car has tracks in the rear. According to this site (http://www.andy440.com/tag.htm) the stripe delete would be code "8" or "9" below the "S".

Yup.....That is correct sir! Stripe delete has nothing under the "S". That will be a pretty car when it is done. I always had a soft spot for the 68 black R/T's with the red stripe but stripe delete is nice too!

Thanks
Yup.....That is correct sir! Stripe delete has nothing under the "S". That will be a pretty car when it is done. I always had a soft spot for the 68 black R/T's with the red stripe but stripe delete is nice too!

After looking more and more I have seen both the stripe column being left empty or the stripe being coded for 9 which is stripe delete. Either seems to be an option. Now I am kind of confused myself. 69Coronetrt what is your take on this if you have any insight.
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back