• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Seat Question

classiccar68

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Members, I am missing the seat back latch mechanism for my seats. Can someone tell what makes up the latch mechanism. I believe it is the knob, lever and spring? A member on the Dodge Charger forum sent me this photo (2 knobs and 1 lever). Another member said they reproduce the springs? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated? Scott

JULY 3884.JPG

I was gonna look and take a pic for you today but forgot. Will try to remember tomorrow.

Somewhere in the classic industries catalog they have this spring. Unfortunately it's probably $1.99 and $7.99 shipping.

Cant really see the spring but you can see the retaining parts

20170731_125334.jpg

Sir, could you also send the picture of the other side as well please.

Sir, could you also send the picture of the other side as well please.

Cant really see much on the other side. The spring is flat and coiled up between the upright and the latch. I can snap a pic tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for the photo. I still need the levers. Never thought seat levers would be my last part to find. :) Scott

Members, I am missing the seat back latch mechanism for my seats. Can someone tell what makes up the latch mechanism. I believe it is the knob, lever and spring? A member on the Dodge Charger forum sent me this photo (2 knobs and 1 lever). Another member said they reproduce the springs? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated? Scott

View attachment 495007
Here are the pictures of left and right sides

IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0027.JPG

Meanwhile, here's what a '68 seat release knob looks like on an my ealy 68 Chargers (built in 11/67 & 12/67)...

IMG_20170822_173714321.jpg

Thanks for the photos, they really helped out. I looked and the spring is there and it was just dried up.

Auto Transport Service
Back