• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Plymouth GTX Core Support

camp7981

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone provide me the width from fender to fender at the top of a 68 Body (26") Radiator Core Support? I installed one from AMD, and the hood rubs both fenders only at the front. I have shimmed the fenders out but really don't like the look of the shims. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I get 51-3/16" on the width. This is approx. 2" back from the very front of the core support or put another way, the last point the fenders bolt to.

Now mosey over to the Welcome Wagon and introduce yourself there newby. :thumbsup:

Thanks, that's about what I get. Not sure what the issue is. Thanks again!!!!

I get 51-3/16" on the width. This is approx. 2" back from the very front of the core support or put another way, the last point the fenders bolt to.

Now mosey over to the Welcome Wagon and introduce yourself there newby. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the response. Not sure whats causing the problem. Thanks again for taking the time to go measure and respond. Have a great rest of your day!

Is it a stock hood or aftermarket ? One o/QUOTE]
The hood is stock, but I replaced the frame rails, firewall, cowl panel, both inner fenders, core support and both fenders. The right fender had a manufacturing issue which I fixed. Any one of these could be off causing the issue of the gap at the front of the hood to be too close. Not sure where to start since there is no magic book of measurements that I know of.

start with the back edge of the hood lined up with the cowl ......... adjust inner fenders and fenders from there

Auto Transport Service
Back