• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Satellite dash problem

jonny0666

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
anyone else ever have a problem installing the panel into the dash pad? It's kind of a pain with all the switches attached. And tricks or tips would be appreciated. Thnkz!!

Remove the steering wheel and drop the column. Also cover the column with a rag. Lay the column on the rag, then connect the switches. Should be enough play in the wires to do it.

maybe some armor all & hair drier for some heat to soften the pad a little. They can be stubborn. Be careful not to crack the dash pad.

The only way I could get the switch panel back into the dash was to remove both the headlight switch and dome dimmer. Then the painful installation of the switches from underneath.

Awesome... so sounds like I have some fun ahead of me. Well thanks for the suggestions... I'll let you guys know how I make out

Awesome... so sounds like I have some fun ahead of me. Well thanks for the suggestions... I'll let you guys know how I make out
I took the smallest thinnest zip ties I had and wrapped them tight across the switch rocker. This allows the switch to be wedged into the opening from underneath. Then start the screws a few turns. Take a xacto knife and cut the zip tie. Then tighten the screws.

Auto Transport Service
Back