• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68' satellite trunk area measurements!

lucas

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
im currently restoring a 68 satellite and im pretty much redid the whole rear end was wondering what is the measurments of the trunk area layout? like from bottom of trunk pan to the lip of the lowertail light panel and all along the trunk gutter ill post pics of what im talking about. i know there wont be one specific measurment but id love to get an average so i know my lowertaillight panel is sitting up high enough, i was dumb enough to forget to measure oem taillight panel before taking it off sadly so asking the community if they could get some measurments for me to help me out. id highly appreciate it and thank you all !

Here is the pics of the area of measurement I'm looking for , also included all what I did on the rear end of my satellite too , first project car so if I did something wrong point it out so I can fix it and learn from my mistake and fix it before I weld everything together, so far everything is sheet metal screwed together .

IMAG0752.jpg IMAG0751.jpg IMAG0750.jpg IMAG0749.jpg IMAG0748.jpg IMAG0703.jpg IMAG0409.jpg IMAG0697.jpg IMAG0701.jpg 20170926_170327.jpg

Your measurements are the same as my 68 Sport Satellite. Great work!

Thanks! All I needed to hear! Just was worried I'd got everything crooked or something , got pics of your satellite ? I'd love to see her

I haven't posted new pics in years. I did have a thread called Tims Sportin'. Now the car is in epoxy primer and on rollers. Hopefully paint will be soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back