• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 Coronet R/T Fender tag decoding without fender tag

Damn, that is an insane amount of cars made.
And what is left of it? Just us :)

Anyway, some good info again!
Thx man!:thumbsup:

Does anyone know where to find the part number of the hood on a '69 Coronet? (if number is stamped somewhere?)

Does anyone know where to find the part number of the hood on a '69 Coronet? (if number is stamped somewhere?)
Does the hood have holes cut below the scoops? Does it look like a clean factory cut? They did not put just scoops on a flat hood. There would be holes beneath the scoops and you would have 3 spd wipers as the ramcharger aircleaner would hit the 2 spd wiper motor. Do the side scoop mounting holes look clean like a factory punched hole or do they look like someone drilled them? Do some measuring to see if they are identical on both sides.

Should look like this

20170625_123753-1.jpg

Hi,

Yes the hood has the rectangular holes below the scoops which are a nice and clean cut.
I can see there are also several holes in the frame sections below the hood where the ramcharger should be secured.
The wiper motor appears to be a 2 speed motor, but the switch in the dash has 3 positions to choose from. (4 including the off position)
The electric connector on the motor has 4 wires (and a resistor sitting on it), as is, the wipers work on only the first speed, the other 2 higher positions don't work.
Maybe at some point the motor got fried and they replaced it with whatever the could get their hands on, as the ramcharger was removed they could have used a 2 speed as well.

So the part number is not stamped in the hood?
I am hoping to find that this hood has the correct number for the N96 option and is not a standard Coronet hood.

The number would be painted over. I would say you have the n96 option. Get a 3spd wiper motor again and hook it up.

I just want to confirm the part number of the hood to confirm this is a real dual hood scoop and not installed on a standard hood.
What location would the number be?
I can remove some paint to read the number but i need to know where to look.

I just want to confirm the part number of the hood to confirm this is a real dual hood scoop and not installed on a standard hood.
What location would the number be?
I can remove some paint to read the number but i need to know where to look.

i cant help you about the factory hoods but the factory replacement hoods were ink stamped right in the middle of the bottom side of the hood.

Ok, thx for your help anyway.
I looked everywhere, but with a lot of paint sprayed over it i can search forever :rolleyes:

What part of the Netherlands are you from? I have family in Sneek

That is half hour drive from my place, same province of Friesland.
How did they end up here from the States?

That is half hour drive from my place, same province of Friesland. My mom was an exchange student. Not many old mopars around there. Everyone has little cars. Gas prices are killer too

Most old cars are well kept here, everyone stores them inside.
Sometimes i wonder where they all come from when the weather turns good and everyone pulls their vintage car out of the garage.
Yeah, big cars are not really popular. (Average fuel price would be around $1,75/litre.)
Then again, where i live is more farmer land and here you can see plenty pick-ups (Dodge, Chevy, Ford) driving around but they are mostly registered on a company to benefit tax wise.

Auto Transport Service
Back