• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 drive shaft length

morbidgoat

Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
so heres the scoop im restoring a 69 gtx. it was originally an automatic but was converted to a 4spd before i got it and im leaving it a 4 spd the engine and trans are not in the car at the moment and i need a drive shaft, the car didnt come with one. so does anyone know what length drive shaft i need for a 4spd car and if you do can you please tell me how your measuring it (eye to eye?) i have a guy about an hour from me who has at least a dozen 60s -70s mopar drive shafts but he dont know what they go to if any one can help i would appreciate it the few places i found selling new shafts didnt say what they went to instead they just ask you to measure your own which is kinda hard for me to do. any knowledge would help

thank you

Auto and 4 speed are the same length. If you run a Dana it it will be a little shorter than the 8 3/4 shaft. I always measure mine from center to center of the u-joints.

car is 4spd 8 3/4 rear end and i dont have the original to measure thats why im asking for the length and how they measured it

I just measured the drive shaft I had on my 70 Road Runner with 4 speed and 8 3/4" axle, 51.8" between the UJ centres.

Auto Transport Service
Back