• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX Resto

HEMI RAM

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 69 GTX that is all numbers matching and almost complete with only a few small things missing. I've got the build sheet and its all been decoded. The trunk filler panel and trunk floor needs replaced and the roof pillars need work but the rest of it is 99% rust free. The car is still wearing all of its original paint and vinyl roof.
I will be doing as much of the work as I can by myself and getting a friend and employee of mine with some body experience to help me. Lucky for me I live about 45 minutes from Summit Auto Racing and they have all the replacement panels that I need in stock.
My biggest dilemma is the interior, it is tan and I hate tan interior. I am building this for me to keep until death do us part so I may need to change to black, but I have plenty of time to decide that. At the moment I have the engine / trans out and have the pistons soaking as the engine is frozen tight. This will be a long process for me as I'm in the middle of a redo on my 70 Chevelle SS that should be finished by spring. I will be working on the Plymouth when weather permits because it is in my non heated garage and Ohio winters suck. Here are a few pictures of where it is starting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 357
Looks like a great project....good luck.

Wish I lived 45 min. from Summit.

Good looking car!!!

Thanks, if you need any tips let me know! Glad to help. Build it how you want it, that way you'll have no regrets when it's done. How bout some more details auto/manual, rear end, ect?

That truly is a great project and im sure you'll enjoy it, im close enough to Ohio im lucky they don't try making me pay tax's there as well, yep Ohio winters suck and they do keep the roads decent but the salt is our enemy.. Good luck to ya!!! And a late Welcome aboard the fun!

image.jpgimage.jpgIt's an automatic with a 3:23 suregrip, buckets with a console, AM 8 track with 4 speaker stereo. From what I can tell they parked it in 1981 because the engine started to rattle. When I got the head off I found a broken valve and zero damage to the cylinder. I have the engine soaking now to get the pistons loose.

Looks pretty crusty alright. Great options on the car!

Auto Transport Service
Back