• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Or better! Thanks Jim, a balmy 9 here.

I went hunting once here and it was -21, that's about where hunting isn't fun anymore.

Well hunting season is over, and I've finally gotten over a nasty head cold so I'm ready to get back on track with the GTX. Fri. night. Looking forward to this year. Hopefully it's the year I get to drive it!

Well I really didn't get anything done on the car over the weekend, but I did get a lot of cleaning & organizing done so I can get started. Having a guy come and detail it at it's current state to get all the dust & compound splatter removed so I can start putting a cover on it. Amazing the dust that shows up even in a controlled environment. More cleaning tonight to get the "parts" tabled cleaned & organized!

If I were as close to being finished as you are, I'd be putting a cot in the garage so I could be out there around the clock!:lol:

My ex wife use to make me sleep in my shop, I slept great on a camp-mat in the bed of my truck, had a shop-fridge full of beer, and cable tv., ahh the good life.
I'm getting a nice cover for my car soon as I get it back from painting, and one of those feather dusters. lol..

Going to set up another "parts" table, so I can get the other one cleaned off & orginized. Looking forward to getting back at it.

Going to set up another "parts" table, so I can get the other one cleaned off & orginized. Looking forward to getting back at it.

Parts table lol. I have stuff scattered all around the house. Dash and wiring is on the dining room table, my study is lined with parts, kitchen counter holds the new arrivals, garage has about 4 different piles of parts and my guest bedroom is host to my front door glass and regulators. Funny part is I usually know exactly where a part is down to the random bag.

Looking forward to more progress!

IMG952017012895133637292.jpg
IMG952017012895124744321.jpg
IMG952017012895133637292.jpg

Well the GTX turned 48 on Saturday. Hopefully she will she the road before her next birthday!
I got some time on her over the weekend. Worked on the battery cable from the starter. I had to remove the original extension piece because of interference with the block. After the engine was installed I couldn't get to the terminals so I pulled the starter again and loosely installed the cables the put the starter back in. Luckily I don't have the steering column in so I could sneak it in through the headers. Got it in place and tightened down the cables. This picture was taken through the access hole in fenderwell.

IMG952017012895161352021.jpg
IMG952017012895161401614.jpg
IMG952017012895161415137.jpg
Also got the dyno mat under the dash, inside the doors, and quarter panel.

I bought a roller to roll the mat yesterday so I'll be doing that tonight. Between the 3 layers of Lizzard Skin and Dyno mat it should be pretty quite & insulated. I'll install the factory insulation over the top of this. The Hot Rod Power tour is coming through my state in June so I gotta get after it if I'm going to make that!

I bet all that makes a huge difference. The older I get, the more important those quiet, rattle free rides are.

I have 1 sheet of dyno mat left, think it's going under kick panels.

Looking good bro! You won't know if the motor is running or not with all that insulation, lol..

IMG952017013195144755892.jpg
IMG952017013195155727072.jpg
IMG952017013195143732896.jpg

So I got a little time last night to work on the car. Installed the schumaker gasket set on wiper pivots. When drilling for the grease zerks be careful. When you get to yellow shavings your going through the bushing. Once I could just see the shaft I quit, you only need a small hose for the grease to go through. Also instructions say to wait 2 hours after installing the black water seal in housing to allow it to relax before installing. I had to reorder the clips for the linkage as they were really brittle and shattered when I tried to put them back on. Got a set from Mega Parts coming. Also installed the windshield washer squirters. I had to bend more curve in them to get them pointed up between the cowl slats. Got them from Mega also. PS they took very little grease to fill before coming out the bottom.

Auto Transport Service
Back