• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

41.png
43.png
45.png
So I'm bouncing around here a little, working on the bucket seat frames/adjusters. Going to take them apart to blast and paint. A little rusty at the bottoms but not bad.
First thing is that the release wires underneath are different lengths left to right seat. I put divots on the release lever to identify which wire went where.
Pull out the carriage bolts. I used a file to remove the stakes. Then you can remove the cages with bearings.

BTW the knobs on the release lever have set screws holding them on!
43.png
44.png
42.png

Going to make some new spacers as these are cracked or close to it.

I think the tuff part was getting them apart, removing the staked bolts! I'll let you know when I reassemble. I used a file but a Dremmal with a cutting blade would have been faster/easier.

Ahhh, brings back memories! Those rollers get cruddy as heck too. I removed one of the rivets on mine to get them apart but like your way better. Just a good cleaning and re grease works wonders.

You can get 2 sets of those spacers for about $28 shipped from ebay if you don't feel like making them.

Looking good!

Thanks for the heads up on the spacers. I have access to a cnc lathe so about 15 minutes and bingo.
Yes that grease they use was about like tar. I'm sure it'll be so slick I may have trouble going from one extreme to another. I usually had mine all the way back or next to last notch.

Took the day off yesterday and went to the Hot Rod Dragweek at Cordova dragstrip yesterday. Lots of Mopars, well represented.
47.png
48.png
49.png
50.png
51.png
52.png
53.png

54.png

Met up with Mike (HemiRunner) there. He had a great week completing the week with low 10 second passes at each track without any problem. His stroked Hemi is a beast. Compared some thoughts and notes. He has a gearvendor on his car with the same gear & suspension as me so I'm confident I have the right gearing for what I want to do. He said he could cruise 80 @ 2900 rpm and it loved it. He also got about 12 mpg with a bigger came than me. So again I think I can get 12-15 mpg with the smaller cam & running on a 2 bbl instead of 4bbls. Learned a lot from Mike and he was glad to share his ideas and set up. I'm really looking forward to getting my done so we can go on a cruise together.
On the gear vendor I found out 2 important things!
1 Don't launch with it engaged
2 Don't backup with it engaged.

A big thanks Mike! :thumbsup:

54.png

View attachment 515119
Met up with Mike (HemiRunner) there. He had a great week completing the week with low 10 second passes at each track without any problem. His stroked Hemi is a beast. Compared some thoughts and notes. He has a gearvendor on his car with the same gear & suspension as me so I'm confident I have the right gearing for what I want to do. He said he could cruise 80 @ 2900 rpm and it loved it. He also got about 12 mpg with a bigger came than me. So again I think I can get 12-15 mpg with the smaller cam & running on a 2 bbl instead of 4bbls. Learned a lot from Mike and he was glad to share his ideas and set up. I'm really looking forward to getting my done so we can go on a cruise together.
On the gear vendor I found out 2 important things!
1 Don't launch with it engaged
2 Don't backup with it engaged.

A big thanks Mike! :thumbsup:

View attachment 515118
It was great meeting you, Tim. I think you're going to love your combo. I can't wait to cruise them both next summer!

Well I just received a very nice gesture! Someone gifted me a Gold Membership. I have a feeling it was either someone with a GTX or a fast 70 RR. Regardless who ever it was thank you very much. This is the reason this is the best forum & people out there! You made my day and I will pay it forward!

Got a lot on my plate right now, but still trying to move forward with the X. Before and after.
56.png
55.png

Cleaned up pretty good in the blast cabinet.

Sad day Sunday. Had to put my little buddy Coach down. I knew it was coming but didn't make it any easier. He had a severe heart murmur which lead to congestive heart failure. Going to miss my garage buddy.
IMG_20170212_154947172.jpg

Tim

You know I really was wondering where you were at....I feel for you bro because I am a pet owner as well. Such a beautiful dog Coach you had there and knowing you as a person both of you lost a friend....One just had to go to sleep for awhile...someday you two will reunite, no doubt...

Sorry, for your loss my friend....

Justin

Got to spend a little quality time with him before we said goodbye.

Sorry to hear that Tim, I remember you said he had a problem. I feel your pain. I had to put my old girl Sally to sleep a couple weeks ago. She was 19. That's 4 I've lost in about 5 years.

DCP03654.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back