• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 hemi charger 500

It was shot by a guy down in a pit spraying up at about a 45* angle, and like RC stated they weren't very worried about the quality of the job.

So did they spray the black after the body color? Or before? Ron

after, my car has the black spattered over the body color in places

the complete front of the radiator core support is painted black so no body color shows through the front grille

Not always. I've seen a lot of cars have the top part left body color, as shown in the photo before.

Could be a more factory specific thing?

Here's an original paint 1970 B-body.

Sat%2010_zpsq7zgh5ys.png

WS23L9A107630d 006.jpghere is my 1969 Coronet R/T. OE paint in engine compartment.

- - - Updated - - -

WS23L9A107630 032.jpg here is a better view.

Here's an original paint 1970 B-body.

Sat%2010_zpsq7zgh5ys.png

I see in this photo there's not much for black over spray.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 317289here is my 1969 Coronet R/T. OE paint in engine compartment.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 317290 here is a better view.

Pretty much body color unless that black above radiator?

- - - Updated - - -

I see in this photo there's not much for black over spray.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much body color unless that black above radiator?

AC my bad!

On the blue car, it's pretty much splatter. You can see (a little) heavier paint on the left & right of the supports into the fender area.

Not to add to the thread hijack, but to add to the historical examples:

Though not a B-body, this is a relatively untouched (engine and manifolds have been resprayed, master cylinder is the 1973-up type, left side of car resprayed long ago from apparent rear door/quarter damage), 22k-mile Plymouth Valiant showing off its factory blackout.

Unlike the two B-bodies above, it is much fuller and darker. (Question: Was this area sprayed at the factory before the lower filler panel under the grill was installed? Would explain the ability for this amount of coverage. Perhaps the B's had the filler installed during this process, and the A's not?)

2555j6u.jpg

Either way, a bit more coverage of black paint makes the view through the grill a heck of a lot nicer without compromising the accuracy of overall factory sloppiness. Reminds me that I have to do that on my '68 Satellite.

-Kurt

P.S.: Back to topic: That's one GORGEOUS Charger 500. Even a wing car can't match the excitement of seeing a Charger barreling towards you with all headlamps exposed and flush with the grill!

Thanks Kurt! Like my buddy says he new a guy that worked at the factory and said whatever it took to get it out the door! Not all chargers were created equal! I'm sure many of you will agree. Ron

I guess the point is to attempt to recreate what looks like equated to nothing more than an "attempt" in the first place lol.

That is so gorgeous! Beautiful work and meticulous detail, when do you get her on the road?

You sir have the finest styling of all the second generation chargers out the. What Chrysler did to make the 69 500 charger was perfection.

Auto Transport Service
Back