• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 Roadrunner Dash Removal Help?

Surf Charger

Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have any good links to DIY videos or write-ups regarding the removal of the entire dash for the '69 Roadrunner? Tyring to figure out if there is a certain process that is easier than another.

Need to access several things...including lots of wiring that has been chewed up by varmints.

20130123_153600.gif

Pull the windshield to access the top bolts,there will also be 1 below the dash on each side,drop the steering column and it will about fall out.

You also need to disconnect all the stuff that would still be connected if you pull it as an assembly. Things like the bulkhead connector, dash vent tubes, A/C and heater cables, door open jamb switch wires, steering column harness, and the connector for the rear harness. I think that is it but I may be missing something so just check and make sure everything is completely disconnected before you pull all those bolts. That baby gets heavy in a hurry when you are hunched over inside the car.

Speedo Cable, A-pillar trim, bracket that bolts up on the backside of the radio. Like eagleone mentioned take a good look around under there. It's pretty self explanatory. Also, like Jay mentioned...the meat and potato's of it: bolts across the front of the dash and the two on each side that bolt into the hinge pillar.

Good luck

If you had your choice, having a non A/C dash in a car that is almost done and wanting to add A/C vents, etc., can the duct holes be cut with the harness out or would you just spend a few hundred on an original A/C dash and swap it out. My new windshield is already in...dang

I'd would think you could cut them out with the dash in. Just make sure the wires are out of the way (near the center dash area and sides) and use a dremel with a little cut off wheel. Looks like the lower dash pad would need to come out...pretty close for comfort. Here's a pic if it helps:

$(KGrHqN,!rMFEPcvoBNsBRLWhsoHWQ~~60_57.jpg

my lower dash pad is out as well as the harness. Just not excited about spending more money on another dash and then trying to get rid of the one I have.

I was thinking dremel too without removing the dash itself and then piecing together the other parts I need as I go.

my lower dash pad is out as well as the harness. Just not excited about spending more money on another dash and then trying to get rid of the one I have.

I was thinking dremel too without removing the dash itself and then piecing together the other parts I need as I go.

Sounds like a good idea. You know, I seem to go through Dremel's like pairs of socks but honestly when i'm not burning them up, they're quite useful little tools. I Always buy the extended service plan...last three dremels have been free. lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back