• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR interior questions

69roadr

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 Roadrunner hardtop, bench seat. Getting ready to order all the soft parts for interior and want to know what I need to get this done. Is there any foam padding under the seat covers? I think I threw my old sail panels out too.
Also looking for (8) seat medallions for Deluxe interior. Heard a lot about legendary, so will probably be going with them.
Thanks all

A good idea is to talk to the vendors that supply the covers.......Legendary etc......

The medallions, maybe a vendor has reproductions....if not try eBay.....or you have to find good used...

There is some question as to which style seat medallions were used in the 69 applications. It has been determined that there was a change in most probably the first part of 69 and it is also a plant specific issue as well. The reason that I say that, I do not know of an reproduction of these pieces. So if your going to have to source them, make sure that your getting all of the same style.

With bench seats, you do not have to worry about the molded seat buns. The materials used back in 1969 are no longer available, but you can source most of the pieces from your local fabric and upholstery shop. You can follow along on Justin's detailed process or recovering his seat covers. His fronts were bucket seats, but many of the same principles apply.

As I tell our customers, when we order your headliner, carpet and seat covers; expect to install or test fit them as soon as you get them. First off, if the piece is relatively new and not been folded up in a box for the past couple of years, then it is going to be much easier to install. Secondly, we have had on several occasions, the customer goes to install the seat covers and lets say that the panels do not line up or the panels are way to large or too small. These things happen more than you will believe and it is much easier to deal with the problem now than on something that was sewn years ago.

If your going the route of having an upholstery shop to do most of the work, check with them on whom they use. They can probably source the pieces cheaper than you can by purchasing direct from Legendary. Also, there is a variety of vendors for Legendary, so you very much price shop for the product. But no matter who you purchase from, expect pretty much a four to eight week turn around time.

Auto Transport Service
Back