• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee exhaust - wrong exhaust tip mounts?

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
Here are photos of the current exhaust tip hangers on my 69 Bee. Both have now broke where the bracket angles up/down. Currently the hanger is just supported by the one bolt into the frame rail. And looking through the YO and Classic Industry catalogs, this hanger looks to be for a Charger and NOT a Bee, so maybe that’s partially the problem.

Is the protruding tab supposed to slide into something for additional support?

IMG_6951.jpeg

IMG_6952.jpeg

IMG_6953.jpeg

Last edited:
Follow-up post. Looks like I’m missing the blue bracket, and my hanger is wrong, looks like that tab is supposed to be in same side as mounting bolt (per YO catalog).

Anyone confirm? And where can I get that bracket in blue? Not seeing it in YO or Classic Industries.

IMG_6955.jpeg

IMG_6954.jpeg

I think you have the wrong hangers. As far as I know that blue bracket is not needed. I think it was used for transport tie downs.

I have the TTI tips and tongues are super long. Im guessing because the hangers are the wrong ones that’s why they snapped. Ordering the correct ones today.

Lee.....check to see if the hanger 'tongue' is long enough on the tips. I had problems with short tongues, and my tips kept falling out the hangers.
I got my exhaust guy to extend the tongues by about an inch each, and no problems now.

View attachment 1659405

Those hangers look just like the ones that came in my TTI exhaust kit. I can't understand why they would break? They are not holding much weight. Mainly just there to keep the tail pipes steady. The muffler hangers are carrying most of the weight.

The one big issue I have with TTI exhaust kits are these hangers. They are for Chargers only. I have called them more than once about providing the correct hangers if a guy has a Bee, RR, or anything else besides a Charger. It falls on deaf ears. For the money we pay, you would think they would provide the correct parts....

Last edited:
From what I can see on my truck there is a constant movement and vibration at the tail pipes....so the brackets will get a workout.
My car had the original hangers in place, with the old 2" exhaust. With the new TTI 2.5" exhaust the original hangers made the tips contact the bottom of the bumper. The hangers in the kit put the tips about 3/8" below the bumper. So I used the ones from the kit. They dont hook into the frame rail like the originals, but once everything was tight there is no movement on the tailpipes or tips when the car is running.

Ugh, I really hope the correct hangers work with the TTI 3” exhaust tips.

Yes, like said above, the TTI hangers are only correct for Chargers. Those of us with other cars need to get OUR specific hanger, which is what I’ve now done, ordered Super Bee hangers

The Hangers for TTI 3 inch on my Charger were correct.

Yes, like said above, the TTI hangers are only correct for Chargers. Those of us with other cars need to get OUR specific hanger, which is what I’ve now done, ordered Super Bee hangers
I should of worded my response differently. I meant that they fit properly with the 3 inch exhaust.

The TTI hangers bend easily, factory and reproduction hangers must be a better grade of steel because they are much more rigid. They also have the correct tang that hooks into the frame rail.

Awbedamn. New, CORRECT hangers showed up today and just installed them. Fit the TTI exhaust like a glove and tips are finally placed correctly AND securely.

IMG_6958.jpeg

IMG_6960.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back