• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 superbee - finally being built!

Love the smell of fresh paint

tmp_32040-20170725_2059341897003304.jpg

looking good! That bee will look sweet when done.

Thanks, I'm sure you will see it around when I'm on the road, as I'm in Kawartha Lakes as well. We probably have already met at a swap meet or car show.

Last edited:
small world! Haven't seen your truck yet though. Some local mopar guys get together Friday nights in Peterborough if you're nearby.

small world! Haven't seen your truck yet though. Some local mopar guys get together Friday nights in Peterborough if you're nearby.

I have been by a couple times to hand out business cards for media blasting

Just for kicks, i did a mockup of my back end without the tail light panel I need to save up for, just so i could squint my eyes and pretend it was intact lol

tmp_24192-20170726_171610-1141146231.jpg tmp_24192-20170726_171639370322216.jpg tmp_24192-20170726_171707-416978485.jpg

trying to weld the trunk pan in, is there any tricks to getting it to sit flush to the frame rails in order to get a tight weld?

trying to weld the trunk pan in, is there any tricks to getting it to sit flush to the frame rails in order to get a tight weld?

I used clecos on the floor pan but my own weight was enough on the trunk. some guys just use self drilling screws.

Last edited:
I've used self drilling screws with great results.

I just stumbled onto this thread. I'm cloning a '70 Bee from a Coronet 500. Mine is B5 Blue, white "C" stripe, white top and bucket interior. 440 Magnum,727, 3.23's.
Just got in from assembling the front end.
Like you we're building the car WE want. I'm not putting a lot of thought, time and money to impress others. My wife and I are doing the car WE want. When I see threads like yours I'm encouraged to see others are in deep like me.

Lets see it

I just stumbled onto this thread. I'm cloning a '70 Bee from a Coronet 500. Mine is B5 Blue, white "C" stripe, white top and bucket interior. 440 Magnum,727, 3.23's.
Just got in from assembling the front end.
Like you we're building the car WE want. I'm not putting a lot of thought, time and money to impress others. My wife and I are doing the car WE want. When I see threads like yours I'm encouraged to see others are in deep like me.

Auto Transport Service
Back