• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger Body and 2013 Challenger Marriage?

Scotto1

Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use the drivetrain, suspension and brake system from a newer Challenger and modified it for use on a 70 Charger body? I have a low miles 2013 Challenger R/T that I picked up in bad shape except for the drivetrain. I was considering using it as a platform to modify my 1970 Charger that needs everything. Just an idea. I think the wheelbases are close and it may provide a cool way to re do my old car. I thought I would check to see if anyone has had any experience with this.

Thanks,

I was just reading on a lx forum where a guy used a 13 challenger and grafted a 68 charger on it
and there is a guy on here who put a 68 satellite on a 09 charger I think

If you are interested here is a link to a Charger Daytona I spent the last four years putting on an LX platform. A Challenger would be better for a 1970 Charger as the wheel base would be closer to correct.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,101925.0.html
Wings 51.jpg
SRT-8 Wings 018.JPG

Factory should've done this. (Instead of a 4-door fleet car....)

Very cool, there's a member here doing the same that you should check out (sorry can't remember the name of the thread). I'd love to see someone pull this off without loosing that dished look on the rims, the modern flat faced rims just don't cut it for me.

This sure sounds like an expensive way to go...

"We will be using this un-hit 2016 Challenger Hellcat shell to set the 69 body onto."

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/charger-1967-2012.101047/
Has anyone tried to use the drivetrain, suspension and brake system from a newer Challenger and modified it for use on a 70 Charger body? I have a low miles 2013 Challenger R/T that I picked up in bad shape except for the drivetrain. I was considering using it as a platform to modify my 1970 Charger that needs everything. Just an idea. I think the wheelbases are close and it may provide a cool way to re do my old car. I thought I would check to see if anyone has had any experience with this.

Thanks,

Can't find it in the search post a link

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/charger-1967-2012.101047/

mopar muscle  12.jpg
Very cool, there's a member here doing the same that you should check out (sorry can't remember the name of the thread). I'd love to see someone pull this off without loosing that dished look on the rims, the modern flat faced rims just don't cut it for me.

The hubs on the LX platform are set like most new cars to put the brake rotor about center line of the wheel so there is no room for dished wheels. The wheels I chose were a compromise in that the spokes are dished in then there is a an offset where they attach to the wheels the gives them a more dished look than most flat faced wheels. It was the best that could be done giving the fact that this is 50 lbs of car stuffed into a 5 lb bag. The equivalent of putting a 69 Chevelle on a 69 Impala platform.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back