• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 Charger Resto

Now that is nice!! Wow.
Nice. Just finish the engine bay in my 70' Challenger in B5 also.

20150824_212628.jpg

Not much has changed with the Charger project. A large order was placed to Legendary for interior and to Summit. We are putting a Holley Sniper on it. Ordered a Tanks Inc EFI tank, pump and sender. Steering gear is at Firm Feel for a stage 2 rebuild.
Car is now a roller. We are going to wet sand and spay another round of clear on it. Once that's done the engine can go in.

Here is some updated photos. Motor is in, fuel tank mounted, lines run.
20180207_114545.jpg
20180207_114613.jpg
20180214_150128.jpg
20180214_150037.jpg

Looking for side marker retainers. Original ones are rusty and crusty.
I can find the housings and lenses but who has the metal retainers?

Thanks!

Slow going on the Charger lately, but it's getting closer to a complete car again.

Been working on the interior, man these blue interiors are a lot of work. So many different shades and textures of blue. Been working with David at Performance Car Graphics, he got us the correct paints for it all. They also rebuilt the instrument cluster too.
Dash frame and plastic are painted, installed in the car. The dash bezels were sent to Vacuum Orna-Metal to get refurbished. Center console has been painted, top plates polished and black has been painted. The original wood grain inserts were in great shape so they were re installed. Seats are done waiting to be installed.
Side glass is installed, waiting on the windshield and back glass until we get the headliner installed. Was not impressed with the quality of the AMD glass.
Wheels will be Magnum 500's. Planning on 275's on the rear and 235/70/15 on the front.
Need ignition system yet. Plans are to go with a Rev-N-nator, Firecore dist. The Holley Sniper wont be controlling the timing.

20181221_112609.jpg

I should have the retainers, how many & do you need the nuts?
Sal

Got the original dash trim back from Vacuum Orna-Metal today. Stuff looks great! My pics dont do it justice.
Headliner install next week.

20190328_133651.jpg

20190328_133659.jpg

Some updated pics from the ongoing resto of the '70 Charger.
Got most of the interior installed. Still waiting for some dye from Performance Car Graphics for the upper door and qtr pads. Dave has been great to work with. They also rebuilt the instrument cluster.

IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1125.JPG

Front seats and console installed.

IMG_1150.JPG

Had to throw the wheels and tires on for some inspiration. The HD rear springs sit a little high yet, hoping they settle a little.

IMG_1148.JPG
IMG_1149.JPG

The Sniper isn't controlling timing so we went with a Rev-N-ator system. The new ECU is modified so Sniper can get it's tach signal directly off the back of the ECU. Used an AR Engineering coil bracket to move the coil away from the Sniper, so hopefully we don't have any RFI issues.

20190620_152822.jpg

It runs! Holley Sniper is pretty cool so far. Haven't been on a drive yet but did let it warm up to 160deg and it started learning. The idle got much better.

Sweet sound of the Mighty Mopar. Yep, let it learn.

Front seats and console installed.

View attachment 793590

Had to throw the wheels and tires on for some inspiration. The HD rear springs sit a little high yet, hoping they settle a little.

View attachment 793592 View attachment 793593
What did you go with after for tires sizes? Mine are 235 60 15 in the front and 275 60 15 in the rear, I feel mine is still raked a bit high in the rear, however I do not have the rear bumper or glass installed and no fuel in the tank, that may all bring it down a little

What did you go with after for tires sizes? Mine are 235 60 15 in the front and 275 60 15 in the rear, I feel mine is still raked a bit high in the rear, however I do not have the rear bumper or glass installed and no fuel in the tank, that may all bring it down a little
I just noticed you were going to use 70 series up front where I used 60 series, perhaps I should go to a 70 series

I just noticed you were going to use 70 series up front where I used 60 series, perhaps I should go to a 70 series

Yep went with 70's up front. They are the same height as the rears. When I took those pictures all I did was crank up the torsion bars until it looked OK. Still needs an alignment and more parts installed up front.

Auto Transport Service
Back