• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Hemi Superbird Restoration..................errr.....scratch that........

So I just received my email from Photobucket saying that they will be subjecting me to the same extortion as the rest of the free world is getting regarding third party hosting of pictures. I will have a little time before that takes effect as I was already paying for additional storage. I don't plan on paying them $500 per year so my guess is that the pictures on this thread will be gone at some point in the not too distant future. I don't plan on going through the headache of rehosting elsewhere and editing to fix this thread so I guess this post is only a notice to enjoy it while it's up and save any pictures you might want before it's gone.

I always save my photos to my computer, then upload directly to this website. That way it doesn't revolve around a third party.

I always save my photos to my computer, then upload directly to this website. That way it doesn't revolve around a third party.
They're all high resolution copies and are too large to upload directly. Resizing and uploading would take nearly as long as finishing the car, lol. I understand the need for Photobucket to charge for their services, but the manor in which they're going about this and the exorbitant amount they're charging could very well be their downfall. I'm already a paying customer as I had purchased extra storage but this new deal isn't much of a deal.

That will suck.
This thread has a lot of great photos.
I also think this will ruin photobucket.
I know it's trashed a lot of good threads on other sites as well.

19247988_10214102811703613_7167891645670901270_n.jpg

Have they been deleted yet? I'd love to check them out. I could use all the help I could get with my project.How do I find them?

Oh, I thought you were saying there are more photos on Photobucket. I couldn't find your photos there. I did check out all the photos and pages you have here. Very informative.

7E2DE6C5-6220-4087-A4A6-3991522C8FEB_zpsspkiwhzl.jpg

Finished the driver side header. Need to move the turbo forward and then build the fender exit downpipe for this side.

HR

What an amazing build....The time involved in this is mind boggling but will be amazing when completed!

Very Nice:thumbsup:

Very cool! Nice thing about the header going that way you have easy access to the starter ;-)
Pat

So I just received my email from Photobucket saying that they will be subjecting me to the same extortion as the rest of the free world is getting regarding third party hosting of pictures. I will have a little time before that takes effect as I was already paying for additional storage. I don't plan on paying them $500 per year so my guess is that the pictures on this thread will be gone at some point in the not too distant future. I don't plan on going through the headache of rehosting elsewhere and editing to fix this thread so I guess this post is only a notice to enjoy it while it's up and save any pictures you might want before it's gone.
I got a similar email but they told me that I needed pay up or remove any links to my photobucket gallery from any posts in any forums, classified ads, websites, etc.. I counted and found 13 links that I posted in my thread here in this forum but there is no edit option on old posts for me to use to remove them. Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?

Last edited:
Mike, did you get recovered from Drag Week?

Auto Transport Service
Back