• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 K frame in a 65???

I put a Tremic 5 speed in my 65 without any tunnel mods.The Tremic has several tab bosses,I removed one on the passenger side.That was all.

Thanks for the advice looks like I might get the car. I was planning on reshaping the tunnel for a future 5 speed conversion. DVW how much did you widen the tunnel?
Aproximately 4"wider and 2" taller. It was really pretty easy. Cut the hole. Roll a piece of sheet metal (I used 10" PVC pipe ). Push it up from the bottom. Tack weld, trim the excess, and finish weld. Mine was done for shield clearance and ease of trans removal. It comes out in 30 minutes.
Doug

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice looks like I might get the car. I was planning on reshaping the tunnel for a future 5 speed conversion. DVW how much did you widen the tunnel?
About 4" wider, 1-2" taller. a few more pics.
Doug

B85.jpg B87.jpg B86.jpg

Nice work DVW was noticing the gas pedal mounts looks a bit tight but nice indeed

Back when I was young and didn't know you couldn't do this without cutting the tunnel out, i did it by taking a body hammer to the seam in the tunnel, it stuck down about an inch so I hammered it back flat against the tunnel, it all went in and bolted up. but like I said that was before I knew that it couldn't be done. kinda an advantage to be young and dumb sometimes. Dave.

Long time come 'in Hemi in 65 Dodge Coronet. Traced engine mounts off my 66 Hemi Satellite so I could make engine mounts for the Dodge. Bolted mounts to engine including the mounts for the k-member. Positioned motor so mounts fit and tack them to k-member. removed and finish welded mounts. Have a Lakewood blow shield have to modify trans tunnel first. Probably need to jack motor to adjust valves or if real lucky just unbolt shock. Crossram is 3/8" from firewall. I have a new set of valve covers to go on in the future.
dode pss side eng.jpg
dodge dr side eng.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh,rough em up,spray em with black crinkle paint and your good! Or send em to me....lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back