• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-72 B-body A/C

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have picture of the hose routing? Thanks!

Here.

1971_Super_Bee_Green_Sedan_072.jpg 1971_Super_Bee_Green_Sedan_070.jpg 1971_Super_Bee_Green_Sedan_074.jpg 1971_Super_Bee_Green_Sedan_073.jpg

bee71: That's what I'm looking for, THANKS!
Miller B: I have the service manual as well, thanks for posting it.
To both- My car came with A/C from the factory but when my dad bought the car some 35+ years ago, all of the A/C stuff was gone. So, I have everything now, in place. The car will be about 90% as factory per say. I look at the car now as a Frankenstein because it's not as factory original, but I think it's better now with everything done to it. I just mounted the condenser that I got on Friday. Bee71, I see the mounts in your picture of the condenser and mine looks the same and the line coming from the condenser to the dryer. I need to take a few pictures of the condenser and of everything after it is set up but for now, I'll attach some of what I have.

#1 Rod Front.jpg #2 Rod (2).jpg #4 Rod LH.jpg thumbnail_20161228_190119.jpg

TOR-RED, where did you get your AC compressor kit from?

TOR-RED, where did you get your AC compressor kit from?

Got everything from Bouchillon. Only draw back about the kit-The compressor wouldn't fit in my car. The compressor is a generic one, made in China, the ends are on the same side(difficult to hook up the lines without modifying things to make work). I went to Classic auto air/Original air and had a factory replacement sent to me. The other condenser fit in the holes PERFECTLY, no issues with the fit for my car. BUT, here is a kicker and the shock to this: I bought the condenser and 2 lines from them. One line went from condenser to the drier, the other went from the other side of the drier to the bulkhead, both being roughly 2 feet long, something like that. Everything weighed roughly 13 pounds BUT they charged $138 to ship :(. With that, I MADE the lines on both sides of the condenser using aluminum and knowing someone who had a A/C swag tool. Attached is the lines I made. What do everyone think? I think came out better than expected

AC.jpg AC2.jpg AC3.jpg AC4.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back