• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"71-"72 Road Runner exhaust tip length?

Mr Gorsky

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone have an idea what length tips this Road Runner has? They look the perfect length to me.

Classic Industries sell repros in 12" and 14", and I need to make a decision quickly. Will be fitting these to a '72 Satellite. I read elsewhere that the 14" tips were Charger tips, can anyone confirm? I gather the hanger mount points will be different and the longer 14" tips would hang out too far on a RR/Satellite??

Thanks in advance!!

attachment.php

^^^^That is a great price, the Classic ones are $270-$300 a pair....but they are shorter than the ones in the first post!!

Maybe that car has the 14" tips....

My friend built the purple car in the first post, and I can tell you the tips on that car are from TTI. They are not 100% factory correct, but come with larger openings (for larger than factory exhaust pipe).

My friend built the purple car in the first post, and I can tell you the tips on that car are from TTI. They are not 100% factory correct, but come with larger openings (for larger than factory exhaust pipe).

Thanks.

I see TTI tips are different to the Classic Industries tips in that they are a slip-on 14" tip, they don't have a hanger welded onto them. They can be adjusted to whatever overhang desired.

Here's a photo of my survivor 71 runner with the factory correct tip

7652206-IMG_0249.jpg

NOS Plymouth resonator tips for comparison;
DSC08110r2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

3” TTI reproduction tips modified to fit 3” Magnaflow glasspacks used as resonators;
DSC07709r.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back