• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger 1.37 60 foot in slow motion

Wookie316

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score

My 71 Charger at Castrol in Edmonton. 1.37 60 foot in slow motion. Running a 440 with a 125 shot on a 10.50 radial slick.

Dang Wookie! That's awesome! It looks like you're hooking up really well. Are you leaving on the nitrous? Trans brake? Rear suspension? I'm curious what you've got done to the motor. I'd like to see some consistent "air" under my front tires as well.

Spray off the line as well as running a brake. Have a street lynx in the back and an Alterkation up front. Viking double adjustable shocks on all 4 corners and a Competition engineering anti roll bar to help body roll. 440 has a stock forged crank, eagle rods and SRP forged pistons. Indy EZ-1 heads with a stage 2 port. Indy single plane with a 1050 QFX 4710. Dougs 2" headers and 18" of pipe. Howard's solid flat Cam in the 260ish @ .050 range with .650 lift on a 1.6 rocker. Electric W/P and fan. Converter is an 8" body with a stall around 5400. I am about 11.6-1 CR and run VP C-12.

Nice, after I last spoke with you and watched your videos that's when I decided to stay with my street lynx set up. Looks like you have your car dialed in!

Yeah it is coming together. Added a bit more preload to the P/S of the ARB bar to try and get a bit more twist out of the body. We'll see if it works next trip?

What setting do you have on your shocks?

Front

9 rebound

16 compression

Rear

10 RH 13 LH rebound

17 RH 14 LH compression

I've been playing with them but that is where they are at right now.

I have a feeling my GTX won't be that far behind you weight wise.

Yeah everyone says I should run a smaller car but I've been a B body fan all my life. I like to be one who is different.

I need to put my other converter in. The little 8" that is in there right now works great on the low end, but up top it's not holding. When I was running ATF my MPH was 123ish. Lenny at Ultimate suggested switching to Hy-Guard fluid. That jumped me to 127ish. I can tell it's still lazy up top yet. I do have my other 9.5" converter I plan to put in before my next test and tune. If my results are the same as last year when I had the 511 in the car, that 9.5" should jump it 2/10ths and about 3-4MPH. When I originally put the 440 in the car this spring Lenny said my 8" would be a better fit than the 9.5. But I didn't decide to spray it until after I spoke with him initially. He said had he known I was going to spray then he'd of told me to leave the 9.5 he built for me in the car. I am going to guess when all is said and done it should run high 20's to low 30's and be in the 130 range. Right now finding motivation to swap it is my issue :D anyone care to donate their time ;D

In the 1/8th it's running 6.6ish which converts to 10.30. So looks like it's running through up top.

A buddy of mine did a lot of converter and gear swaps including cam swaps when he was running a small shot on a high 9 car. We/he got it going 9.30's but man, he did a lot of work. I did too but it was mostly engine and welding and he did all the 'tuning' on it. I got to thinking that it would be a lot easier making stall adjustments with the left foot lol

Auto Transport Service
Back