• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger Rallye

72 RED RALLYE

Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
This is my 72 Rallye with factory ramcharger hood. Matching numbers 58,000 original miles.
WP_20171001_12_47_16_Pro.jpg
WP_20171001_12_46_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20171001_12_46_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20170914_16_08_39_Pro.jpg
Was painted at one time but still has a lot of originality. Original window sticker 2 build sheets and fender tag. Sticker in the door says 6-72.

Last edited:
Damn nice package there! Color...options...originality.

Very cool ,looks loaded but yours is missing the chrome trim around the valence opening like most .
IMAG0548_BURST001.jpg

Does it say anything on the paperwork about it ever being there? I'm trying to figure this trim out no one seems to know about it

Nothing showing on the build sheet or window sticker about the valence moulding.

Is that something that is on SE's and not ralleys? Or got to do with his having bumper guards? Is that just a 72 thing or do i need to check my 73 SE for you?

We're unsure Mines a early production rallye, I was interested to see as your s is well documented like my car. I've seen one other car with it a late production 71 s.e. .late 72 it seemed to disappear. I had one guy trying to buy it he ran out of cash before we made an agreement
IMAG0547_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0545_BURST002.jpg

Nice car I have only seen that trim on one other Charger I will see if I can find a picture later.

Great looking car... Are the grilles still on factory color or were they painted ? I'd love to see a nice grill close up pic... the color on those has being allways a discussion about the color shade, the grill PN and the differences with non rallye grilles color shade

about the valence mold, was standard on 71 SEs and I think optioned on some more ( I think M25 or M21 code ? ) on 71s... BUT As far I recall not anymore part of any package since 72, but dealer accesories catalogs still offered them. Being dealer added I guess not anymore on BS or Fender tag

Last edited:
Ah ok . I had no idea people always asked about it . I don't know if I'm going to keep it on the car or not as I'm wanting to cut down on chrome

Hey nacho if you know anyone looking for this part I know there hard to get but I might sell it if it is needed else were if I take it off if and set it on a shelf it would get destroyed

The guy I bought it off of said the grilles were redone, so I dont know if they are correct.

It had a perfect nylon tooth timing gear that I replaced lol. And the original intake and Holley has been replaced with a Thermoquad and intake. Runs strong with the TQ and curved distributor.

Beautiful car. I love those "waning day" cars where a buyer sat down with sales to check off boxes! Sweet.

about the valence mold, was standard on 71 SEs and I think optioned on some more ( I think M25 or M21 code ? ) on 71s... BUT As far I recall not anymore part of any package since 72, but dealer accesories catalogs still offered them. Being dealer added I guess not anymore on BS or Fender tag

Code is M42
Front Stone Shield Moldings

Auto Transport Service
Back