• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Roadrunner / Satellite Rear 1/4 Glass Available

plymouthman72

Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
This may be widely known or it always has been but there is now 72 rear quarter glass being reproduced. For the past year I have been looking for glass but only found everyone to carry only 71 models only which is different than the 72. I found a place online called metro parts market that had 72 for sale. It's a bit pricey but they quality is top notch in my opinion. Matches my old glass exactly.

I figured I would share this for anyone who might be looking for new 72 glass.

Can you post a pic?
What is the difference between 71 and 72?

Can you post a pic?
What is the difference between 71 and 72?

I am trying to find a picture of the 71 glass as I don't have it but it has to do with where the holes are. The internal mechanisms are different between the 2 years.

Here is my 72 glass.
20170922_172333.jpg

i wasn't aware of that
i know what 71 side glass looks like
as i have 4 pairs of rear side glass
is the whole shooting match different with the mechanisms?
or is it just the pieces that attach on to the glass??

To be honest, I am not sure of all the differences, I just know they are different. I think in 71 they went in a metal guide where as my 72 bolts directly to the regulator. It was probably cheaper that way haha.

I remember Dibbons had run into a similar problem a while back when he bought 71 glass thinking they were the same.

i think Dibbons bought dodge glass
that is a different shape then plymouth glass and it won't fit in the hole.
its just crazy that they made so many changes between the years
as most people call it 71-4 parts
when each year has its own specific stuff.(a lot more then you would imagine)
it might just be the attachment piece to the glass
as i have 72 charger roll up parts and the tracks and stuff is the same as the 71 ply stuff.
i'm just trying to learn the differences for my own curiosity..

thanks Mark
that explains a lot.
now i wonder if the charger glass has the same differences between the years
as the plymouth glass does in your pics?

i think, that pic confirms ( per what I recall ) the 72 Plymouth glass could be the same than 73/74 Charger

Well I guess I'll snap some pics of my 73 Charger quarter window assembly, so we can compare the pictures. Will post them later

Here a few pictures of my driver side quarter window.

20170925_162630.jpg 20170925_162606.jpg

That it means is good to know the repro glass for 72 Satty is available now for some other car owners LOL

I have two sets of rear windows and quarter glass and tracks if needed

I will add my 2¢ here.
Below are pics of quarter glass with their associated tracks & glass brackets. One was removed from a 1973 Charger and the other was removed from a 1973 Satellite. And they both look the same. And according to moparmarks pic above they look the same as a 1972 Plymouth. So do we have 1972-74 Plymouth and 1973-74 Chargers all being the same?? Keep in mind these would be only the models with roll down windows and not fixed glass.

The two pics attached are each side for each window.

Thanks
20171007_180934.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ok so this gets a WIDER selection... not just 72 Plymouth but all 72/74 againts 73/74 Charger

Now it looks like 72 Chargers are in the mix. I seen this craigslist ad for a 1972 Charger rallye:
https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-dodge-charger-rallye/6339657937.html

There's a pic of some of the parts that are included in the sale. In that pic you'll see both quarter windows, not up close but they do look like the ones that I posted.

Here's the pic from that ad.

00_P0_P_e42_BGv_RXPs_P_1200x900.jpg

Here's a blow up of the same pic.

00_P0_P_e42_BGv_RXPs_P_1200x900x.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back