• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Satellit Sebring Plus brake question(s)

Dibbons

Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
I need front wheel bearing seals and Autozone has two different seals that "fit", which one is correct for my disc brake optioned vehicle: 6840S or 8121S? Thank you. \

One more question, the Factory Service manual has two sections for disc brakes, one for "fixed" calipers and another for "floating" calipers, which type would my '72 SSP project car have? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Now at the alignment shop and we pulled the front wheel bearing and seals. The 8121S seals I brought with me do not look the same as the seals installed on the car. The 8121S seals have a step, in other words two different diameters, the installed seals are just ordinary/normal looking seals without any step. Here is a generic foto of what the installed seal looks like.

installed seal.jpg

The 8121S has the step, I think you can just barely make it out in this internet foto of the same part number 8121S: two step seal_.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back