• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 727, Starter, Steering box

Status
Not open for further replies.

96Formula6sp

Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Got a few things that we no longer need for our car. We have done a manual swap and none of this is of any use to us. Clearing it out as its just going to take up space. Stuff is in Columbia SC. Can ship smaller items. Not wanting to ship big stuff. Everything came off a 1972 Dodge Coronet with a 318 and a 727.

727 Auto. Was running but slipping. Fluid was pretty black. Found no kickdown cable. Pretty much a core. Was rebuilt 3? Lemons races ago. Comes with the torque converter and the flex plate for a 318. Cooler lines were pretty bad so they were trashed. $50obo

318 LA Starter. Should be the 130 tooth count starter. Came off a 72 coronet with a 727. Big boy unit. Worked fine on removal. Always turned the car over. We went to a Dakota 143 tooth. No use to us. $50.

Power Steering box. Nothing wrong with it. Our car came with a new one in the back of the car. Since were were rebuilding the steering column was swapped it out. Fluid was clean and no leaks. Normal play. Not sure on mileage but figure it was the original to the car. Good to use or maybe you want one to rebuild. Missing the high pressure line fitting and the return line section. We needed those for our other box. Remans are sitting around $225+. Asking $150.

looks like a 904 to me but my eyes aren't that good any more.

looks like a 904 to me but my eyes aren't that good any more.

Told it was a 727. Car has a factory 8 3/4 rear end of that helps. Measured it for length to compare our manual transmission to our auto and was somewhere in the 34 inch range. Would have to look at the pan. Could get my buddy to check it out later this week.

Here is a 727

tci-111138_w.jpg

99% sure that his is a 727 after looking at the pan. Bump best offer taken on anything.

It is a 904, found these on the internet.

View attachment 392146 View attachment 392152

Will triple check but looks like from that thread a 904 is 31 inches and a 727 is 35. Ours remeasured at 35. Makes sense as our new 5spd is 35.5 inches and our driveshaft was made .5 inch shorter. Our gasket also looked like the top one not the lower. Will make sure to snap a picture of the other side the next time I am down there. If a buyer is interested I will gladly get a team member to get pictures that day.

That being said steering box is SOLD.

Bump to the top. Open to offers. I went out and checked the transmission myself. Its a 904. Guess you were right. Either way that will be heading to scrap in a couple weeks unless anybody wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back