• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 727 torque converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

70bigblockdodge

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
I was having trouble with my Holley carburetor and the trouble was with the combo. In short I did not have enough airspeed to get out of the lower rpms.
Good news that's fixed by putting a 10" converter of no spec bought second hand etc.
Bad news as I was concerned about the car is not as streetability as I would like (Carlisle from Pgh is going to be a long ride), in short this converter is too loose stalls at 3000+ flashes to ~3400. Car runs great now I'm right past my dead spot, no time yet (sorry) but should easy get into 13s
I am just fishing for a mid 2000 stall 11" converter that someone may have laying around from a long ago project or one that moved past this converter.
Yes I can buy a new one and will do if nothing pops up this summer. I will continue to drive the car with its current converter, don't want to lose fair weather drive time.
I'm a little east of Pgh PA and of course pay the shipping. Just looking to see if there is anything out there collecting dust and you could use shelf space. PM me with info
Thanks Dave

70BBD, I have a Mopar performance 727 new but I have had it for along time converter P/N P4876878, 2400 to 2800 stall depending what your power levels are. Like I said I've had this for quite a while and it has never been used but I still have the box label and it has been inside all along, if you pay shipping I would take $ 80.00 bucks for it. I think that sounds pretty reasonable. You can call Mopar Performance and they will give you the specs. or look online.

I was having trouble with my Holley carburetor and the trouble was with the combo. In short I did not have enough airspeed to get out of the lower rpms.
Good news that's fixed by putting a 10" converter of no spec bought second hand etc.
Bad news as I was concerned about the car is not as streetability as I would like (Carlisle from Pgh is going to be a long ride), in short this converter is too loose stalls at 3000+ flashes to ~3400. Car runs great now I'm right past my dead spot, no time yet (sorry) but should easy get into 13s
I am just fishing for a mid 2000 stall 11" converter that someone may have laying around from a long ago project or one that moved past this converter.
Yes I can buy a new one and will do if nothing pops up this summer. I will continue to drive the car with its current converter, don't want to lose fair weather drive time.
I'm a little east of Pgh PA and of course pay the shipping. Just looking to see if there is anything out there collecting dust and you could use shelf space. PM me with info
Thanks Dave
Are you running a dual plane or single plane intake? A dual plane (performer rpm) intake might give more velocity down low if the single plane is what you are running.

70BBD, I have a Mopar performance 727 new but I have had it for along time converter P/N P4876878, 2400 to 2800 stall depending what your power levels are. Like I said I've had this for quite a while and it has never been used but I still have the box label and it has been inside all along, if you pay shipping I would take $ 80.00 bucks for it. I think that sounds pretty reasonable. You can call Mopar Performance and they will give you the specs. or look online.
PM sent!

Bump PM sent

I have a Hughes 2500 stall converter it was too tight for my combo. Has about 500 miles on it and I'm in central PA . $250.00 here is summits part #hup24-25
their price 309.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back