• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 trans line routing

431Bird

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Hey, how u guys running your trans lines to the cooler to the front of radiator..have 2 1/8 tti step headers..looked like long the frame rail was best,but then having to go around brake distribution block could be pain..anyways was just curious.
Thanks

I've always made mine from hand bendable brake line tubing, run it next to the oil pan, then over the K frame & up to the cooler. Similar to factory routing, but not run to the radiator.

Thank you..I think I got it figured out i hope..i ran-6.

I use -6 braided line. Out the trans and straight over to the frame rail...then up to the radiator/cooler.

Thank you..that's what I did...any preference what fluid to run? Sorry new to the automatic world. Lol ,I was just gonna run atf or the atf+4

Thank you..that's what I did...any preference what fluid to run? Sorry new to the automatic world. Lol ,I was just gonna run atf or the atf+4
You will find many different answers on which ATF to use. What type of performance level are you shooting for? That may narrow down the choices ... a little. lol

In the old days I ran Type F in my 727's. In my newer car I went to Castrol Dex/Merc. Not sure of the difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back