• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 transmission cooler lines to radiator

Charger21

Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their transmission cooler lines, and if so did you go the flexible braided route, the pre-bent steel, or bend your own? Any recommendations?

Not sure I want to bend my own, so hoping some have had good luck with either braided or pre-bent replacements.

Thanks!

I purchased a repo steel set that fit just fine, I think it was from Classic Industries. I didn't want to chance any kinks in such an important component (by doing it myself).

Made my own.

3/8" steel lines from tranny to B&M 11x11x1-1/2 cooler and back.

Didn't bother routing into radiator.

Zero problems.
Fluid is nice and red

Has anyone replaced their transmission cooler lines, and if so did you go the flexible braided route, the pre-bent steel, or bend your own? Any recommendations?

Not sure I want to bend my own, so hoping some have had good luck with either braided or pre-bent replacements.

Thanks!
I agree with "silver67" if you don't drive the car in cold climates. Use a dedicated cooler with or without fan to beat those high transmission temperatures in the hot summer.

I had a local shop make some custom stainless lines because of my headers the originals would not fit!

I agree with "silver67" if you don't drive the car in cold climates. Use a dedicated cooler with or without fan to beat those high transmission temperatures in the hot summer.
I installed an aftermarket radiator with no transmission cooler built in. I used auxiliary transmission cooler in the front. Gotta tell you that on a hot summer day it was just warm to touch after a 30 min highway ride..

I bent my own on two cars, both b bodies with headers. 5/16" lines. Plus I routed through the original radiator cooler to the trans cooler and back to the trans.

I like the look of bent hardlines to braided or rubber and ghey are pretty much bullet proof. If you have a motor with factory exhaust manifolds, get the pre bent ljnes.

Got OE ones from In Line Tube. Fit was good.

OE ones from ebay but thumbing through a summit book i saw braided lines for a good price and can see why a lot of builders reach for them, easy to route and install it's a no brainer.

Auto Transport Service
Back