• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

? 73 charger ,adding a factory tach ,wiring ? ? ?

Pat412

Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
I have accumulated a few rallye gage clusters for my project , I want to use the cluster that has the factory tach and transplant my 150 mph speedo into it ..

My question is what kind wiring issues am I looking forward too ?

Have any of you made this switch ?
What did you do with the tach wire ?
Do i need a wiring harness just for this cluster ( I have a harness that was with the cluster but it dosent have the purple wire in it , witch the wiring diagram says the tach needs ?!?)

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you,
1973 charger ,rallye edition, factory 440.

honestly you don't need to buy a harness. That wiring can be made by yourself. Just need a wire going to - lead of coil, and a keyed power source ( Run circuit ). Plugs and terminals are available around. Underdash harness got the provisions for everything.

Originally the wire up to coil runs through grommet on 73, BUT you can also use any empty cavity on bulkhead. If your car doesn't have A/C, you must have an empty cavity on engine harness section

6681190-accessories.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back