• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger Tail Light Sockets

Charger21

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
I recently pulled the bulbs to find that the sockets are very corroded. I am assuming that this could be adding to my dim tail and brake lights.

Has anyone had much luck cleaning them? If yes, what did you use to clean them? How hard are they to remove to replace?

Any thoughts on LEDs for tail lights and brake lights? I did find a thread in here talking about some regular Honda bulbs that may be brighter than the factory ones.

Thanks!

Those 73 Charger light beg/scream to be segmented sequential.

I put Zevo LED through out my car. They cost a bit more, are not plug and play, but the results are worth the effort.

I had to file off the lower tang off the blub to get the 1157 to fit. The blinkers required a pair of
United Pacific LED Flashers 90652 to work. The thing about LED is that they polarized. All the bulbs must be oriented exactly the same before any will work correctly. One bulb reverse and none will flash. Over coming this issue took me a few days to figure out.

Now that I fixed all the issues I'm very happy with the result.

The best thing about LED is the reduce strain they put on the 45 year old wiring. The flasher have a softer and smoother click. They also flash the same rate every single time.

Last edited:
A Dremel tool with the wire brush bit works great to clean sockets.
Dremel.JPG

Thanks so much! I will clean mine up and look into the LEDs.

Auto Transport Service
Back