• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 non a/c heater box pictures?

manic_mopar

Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have my heater box disassembled, cleaned, rust stop primed and painted, and ready for reassembly. I got all new gaskets from detroit muscle technologies ready to put on.

My issue is the flappy doors. I have the fresh air one figured out for pass side, but the other 2 vents i cant find my pictures to make sense of exactly how they go back in. I thought i took some but apparently not. I think i have the heat on/off door figured out with that plastic angled piece riveted to it, but the floor/defrost door has me confused. I feel like it has way too much space on the sides to function properly, unless that is the one that has a bunch of foam hanging off the edge to act as the seal?

If anyone has some pics of them going back together, it'd be much help! Thanks.

0801171848.jpg

Here are some pics from when I rebuilt mine, hope these help ya out.

IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1550.JPG

Yes, the foam is wider than the metal door. You can see the plastic backing from the foam in the pic. Foam is long gone, but the plastic backing was still there. As you can see, it is wider than the door.

Mine looked exactly the same too. All nasty and disintegrated.

Auto Transport Service
Back