• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'79 300

Darter6

Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
Well guys,With a heavy heart I'm gonna put the Great White Whale up for sale. I wanted to post it here first before putting it in the want ads on the "Bodies'' sites. It has 82,000 miles runs and drives great,lots of new parts,New TTI dual exhaust,no rust California car.Yeah it's 38 years old,paint is thin,scratches and dings,the front seats need redone.I have the original wheels and caps along with other spare parts.The price is $4500 OBO. Lots of pictures if interested.Fly in and drive it home.

IMG_2151.jpg IMG_2152.jpg

Yeah, just have to start somewhere.Gotta scale down..I have it and 3 project cars.My brother's resent passing has left me with his 65 Belvedere and I am out of space.
Adding a few more photos

IMG_1692.jpg IMG_2429.jpg IMG_2427.jpg IMG_2445.jpg IMG_2446.jpg IMG_2447.jpg

Last edited:
TRT1954, Ha! where were you when I took it to PA for a summer two years ago ? I was selling a house back there and had it with me.I had a buddy drive it back to Nevada as I drove a truck and trailer.Runs like a top ! I had it for sale back then on here too.Oh well wrong place,wrong time.My plan is to pull the engine and tranny for my old truck and scrap the rest of the car.No love for these in the Mopar world.

TRT1954, Ha! where were you when I took it to PA for a summer two years ago ? I was selling a house back there and had it with me.I had a buddy drive it back to Nevada as I drove a truck and trailer.Runs like a top ! I had it for sale back then on here too.Oh well wrong place,wrong time.My plan is to pull the engine and tranny for my old truck and scrap the rest of the car.No love for these in the Mopar world.

You're gonna part it out??? If that is the case I'm interested in a ton of parts. I'm actually kinda interested in the whole car too.

Just a thought at the time.We will see what the future brings.

nice car, I have to say that one is in really nice shape, cant be many left never mind in this condition.
About 5 years ago I ran across one with 35K miles on it (sat in garage for a long time), I was called to go there and get it running for an estate sale, I put a battery on it hot wired it (key was no where to be found), I have a fuel jug with electric pump on it, and it started up, but was leaking gas and the alternator was locked up so I snipped popped the belt and wrapped some panty hose around the water pump and crank, but no rust on the car at all.

They had me come back for an hour during the auction to start it up.
I stayed to see how much it sold for and it did $2300, I was actually surprised, I thought the car would have been in the 4500 neighborhood because how many didn't get crushed by now...

good luck hopefully you can find someone to save her from you scrapping it.

Too bad you need to sell. It is true that there is not a lot of love for these, but there is some. I don't think you will find all the love it deserves in this little corner of the mopar world. I would try listing it on the C-body forum, lots of love over there. C/L would be an easy place to find interest. Beautiful car, I wish I didn't need a new boiler!

Naw, the C-bodies already shun and po-pooed it because it was a "B".
Oh well it is what it is.

On another note I should have sold it when a guy wanted it for a demo-derby car !!

Sorry for the loss of your brother. Good luck with the sale, it is a beautiful car!!!

My thanks to all of you.My brother and I were real close and worked on and built cars together since I was 8 years old,Hell he took me to my first Drag race.And the street racing in the 60's and 70's, man don't get me started. Many, many stories can be told... I posted these pictures in the 62-65 site.He will live on as long as I'm alive. This was his Hemi car.AND his 70 Chevelle LS6 454 450 HP 4 speed. It has not seen the light of day since 1976. It has 1600 miles on it.A day 2 car with all the aftermarket speed parts of the day.After 47 years it needs restored.But he always wanted a HEMI and he got his dream......

DSC01142.JPG IMG_1798.jpg 0127171201.jpg 0127171202.jpg 0123170731a.jpg 0130171521.jpg 0130171524.jpg 0130171525.jpg

And don't get me wrong about selling the 300.I wish I could keep it.What ever I get for it, the money will go to my sister-in-law.She gave me the HEMI car.......

Selling mine too. I figured you'd ask more for it. I'm wanting 5K out of mine. I guess I have it priced too high. Good luck with your sale. It's a real beauty.

Well guys,With a heavy heart I'm gonna put the Great White Whale up for sale. I wanted to post it here first before putting it in the want ads on the "Bodies'' sites. It has 82,000 miles runs and drives great,lots of new parts,New TTI dual exhaust,no rust California car.Yeah it's 38 years old,paint is thin,scratches and dings,the front seats need redone.I have the original wheels and caps along with other spare parts.The price is $4500 OBO. Lots of pictures if interested.Fly in and drive it home.

View attachment 395212 View attachment 395214

interested in your 300. new to this, don't know how to contact you..john

You have a message in the conversation box.

pspbee, Here is a photo of it with the stock 79 300 wheels

IMG_1689.jpg

Looks great!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back