• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A clean alternative to using a powder abc fire extinguisher.

mosquito13

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
My mom taught me this. She was a old school immigrant and always kept a 100% wool blanket in the kitchen . Great a on grease fires ext. when making bacon,doughnuts, ect.. She put one in my first car. Used them a couple times to smoother carb fires. Still carry one in all my cars along with a 5lb extinguisher.s Very handy for all sorts of things besides putting out fires. A clean alternative to using a powder based fire extinguisher. Buy them at the Army Navy store for $5's.

1240811-young-woman-standing-in-sand-dunes-wrapped-in-blanket.jpg

Last edited:
Never used one , 1.4lb can for $120 , How much extinguishing do they do? I got $40 bucks into the blanket and a 5 lb abc powder bomb x four vehicles.

Never used one , 1.4lb can for $120 , How much extinguishing do they do? I got $40 bucks into the blanket and a 5 lb abc powder bomb x four vehicles.

I once had an oil line let go and dump a lot of oil on to the junction of the primary header tubes and collector. Got a pretty good fire going. The liquid extinguisher shoots a stream and I was able to put out the fire very quickly with no clean-up. Don't think I could have gotten a blanket down into that space. In my LE days I used plenty of dry chemical extinguishers at crash scenes and was glad that I didn't have to clean-up the mess.
Different strokes...

DSCN1863.JPG

How long of a shot do you get with that size can. It shoots liquid? I thought those were heavier then air gas. Will need to google up some info on these. Thanks for the heads up. Have had and sceene to many hotrods burn.

Believe it's Halon a non-flammable gas . It's used around electronics, mostly displaces air to remove oxygen. $$$ What about CO2, Oh **** climate change.

Halogen doesn't screw up everything it hits, especially around the fuel intake, no powder residue anywhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back