• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few pictures from my trip to Oregon...

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
I went to Portland Oregon last week with the Wife. She wanted to attend a book signing event to meet a few authors that she likes. Since this was in Portland, we made a trip to Wildcat Auto Wrecking in nearby Sandy.
First up, letting someone else pump my gas is friggin weird. Holy crap...I do most everything for myself and have since I was out of school. It felt strange letting someone else do something so simple for me.
The people at Wildcat were great. They let the Wife and I walk the yard. I took these pictures:
66 Valiant. I have only seen a few of these in my lifetime. This was a project car with no price on it.

IMG_4178.JPG

Next up was a 66 Dart. I have a 65 that I am working on and it needs a few parts. I saw up close what differences there are between the 65 and 66 models. First 2 pictures are of a 65.

IMG_2723.JPG IMG_2752.JPG

These are from a 66 in the Wildcat yard. I noticed that the 66 taillights are simpler and the bumper is much larger.

IMG_4179.JPG IMG_4181.JPG

The yard is not huge but they do have a decent inventory.

IMG_4182.JPG

This 64 Valiant looks almost identical to a friends car that I painted in 2015. This was in a row of 60-68 A body project cars. They had more 60-63 Valiants than I have ever seen in one place, a car show or otherwise. Christ those early Valiants are ugly!

IMG_4184.JPG

They had a B body section but not a single 68-70 Charger.
Check out the "Folgers can" speaker mount!

IMG_4188.JPG

Check out the car to the right...Early Valiant. As a kid, I asked my Dad if these were Japanese cars because the taillights were angled like Asian eyes. Hey, A kid can be a curious person without being racist, right?

IMG_4194.JPG

Need a wire harness ?
Second photo: Check the 2nd gen A body Barracudas...They had several!

IMG_4195.JPG IMG_4196.JPG

Need a windshield washer jug or overflow bottle?

IMG_4191.JPG

This 1969 Coronet is the same color as FBBO member Dennis H.

IMG_4199.JPG

The lack of emblem holes or any evidence of an R/T stripe has me thinking it was a regular base model, not an R/T or a Super Bee. No engine and the fender tag was gone. It needs a bit of work...

IMG_4201.JPG

They had THREE 1979 Chrysler 300 2 door coupes. Not an exciting car but still sort of rare. All had 360 $ barrel engines, were Spinnaker White with red and blue pinstripes. The ones there: 2 had factory sunroofs, the 3rd had T tops. I don't know if that was a factory option.
Also, what collection of pictures is complete without the picture of a tree growing through an engine bay...?

IMG_4198.JPG

Being a yard in Oregon where it does snow, I expected rust....But on the valve cover???

IMG_4197.JPG IMG_4192.JPG IMG_4190.JPG

The vans had all sorts of stuff in them too. Window mechanisms, interior trim panels, rearview mirrors, door handles...

I hope you got a tetanus shot 1st

those old Valiants are pretty fugly {F-en Ugly},
but have a devout following...

Auto Transport Service
Back