• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A new home for the toys

Thanks, I may possibly use metal for the entire interior but not entirely sure just yet.

We bought the ceiling sheet metal with the building, ended up having Morton install it. They had it done in a day, it would have taken us 2 weeks to put it up using scaffolding. We used 7/16 osb on the walls with a couple of coats of paint. Osb has a little less echo, plus it's flat and was easier to install the elctrical components, and just about anything else mounted to the walls. And at the time it was cheaper. Although it's less fire resistant.

My brother just bought a new place a couple months ago. The house could be setup really well for daycare. It has what I'm guessing based on yours, is a the pole building 80 x 140-160ish. The previous owner was selling tires out of it. It's well insulated with tin ceiling, OSB on the walls. Like PRND21 said makes it easy for electrical components & for air line runs too. Some of the days we were moving from the smaller shop it was in the 90's outside. Inside the new barn it was 20 degrees cooler. It also has a lean to on one side that's not insulated yet and it's always a lot warmer in there. He's been working on lot's of Mopars too.

IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0607.JPG

I have time on my side right now to decide. Just not sure at the moment.

80x140? Wow, I'm jealous. I wish ours could have been bigger, but that's HUGE compared to most.

I have time on my side right now to decide. Just not sure at the moment.
When we started ours, we knew it would be a long term project, doing all the interior work ourselves, except for the ceiling. About a year or so before we started moving into it.

Yeah it's pretty sweet. Has 9-10' tall door on each end and standard single garage door on the side. He is trying to keep it setup so he can just pull through with his covered trailer or for anyone who is dropping off a vehicle. There is also a 4-5 car garage closer to the road where he can store a couple cars that are waiting to be worked on. Just gotta get the rest of the equipment setup and wired.

Well I'm jealous of both of yours jamey and prnd21. Both are good looking buildings. I live in town and don't have access to put up even a small garage out back. I have a small 2 car garage that I'm working on the Dodge in. Jamey what cars do you anyway?

You just have to work with what you have, when I was young I had a 1 1/2 car garage to work in. Always dreamed of having a nice shop and finally built one about 14 years ago. I feel VERY fortunate to have what we've got. (Even though it could be bigger. They're never big enough.)

My 67 satellite that is awaiting a 6.1 hemi transplant and my 67 belvedere that eventually will get mini-tubbed and a stroked big block.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Well I'm jealous of both of yours jamey and prnd21. Both are good looking buildings. I live in town and don't have access to put up even a small garage out back. I have a small 2 car garage that I'm working on the Dodge in. Jamey what cars do you anyway?

Sweet!!! Thanks for posting em. They 'll look good in that new shop. :lol:

Where is the 62`? Lol. complete collection. Ps. What do building like that normally run. if you don`t mine me asking.
Well, after site prep, we had the shell built and ceiling installed, we finished the rest ourselves. Insulation, concrete, electrical, furnace, a loft in one end, it's north of $70k. I wish I had water out there, but it's a pretty far from the house.
If I would run across a nice 62, well, you never know. They're pretty scarce around here.

I'm at $37,000. That included laminated posts, 5 windows, 1 16x10 and 1 12x10 insulated garage doors, 1 man door, pex tubing in the floor, 5" of fiber reinforced concrete and gutters. I'll probably spend another $15 k to finish the interior.

Love the garage, really looks great with the colors you chose too.

Well, after site prep, we had the shell built and ceiling installed, we finished the rest ourselves. Insulation, concrete, electrical, furnace, a loft in one end, it's north of $70k. I wish I had water out there, but it's a pretty far from the house.
If I would run across a nice 62, well, you never know. They're pretty scarce around here.
Wow that`s really nice. Is the floor smooth and would you recommend an epoxy finish or just a smooth finish with a seal coating.

Wow that`s really nice. Is the floor smooth and would you recommend an epoxy finish or just a smooth finish with a seal coating.
Thanks. The floor is fairly smooth, it does have a seal coat that was put on when it was first finished to keep it from curing to fast. It was poured in August 2002. It has rebar down the middle with mesh reinforcement along the sides. We added the fiber strands to the mix mainly so it would have a little texture to keep it from being to slick when wet. I don't have any experience with the epoxy coatings, but they sure look nice.

Love the garage, really looks great with the colors you chose too.

Thanks, I have to credit my wife for the colors!!

I've been watching your garage project. You have more courage than I do but will be a great accomplishment when you finish it.

Auto Transport Service
Back