• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A nice Sunday drive....

I’ve been on that road to the top of Pikes Peak many times when I lived in Colorado Springs. They held that race every year. Never watched it -thought they were nuts racing up that thing. Must have a death wish to do it.

Way more fun than a roller coaster ride. Wow!

Yeah me too
Back in the late 70s...
Gee, I was definitely "Light Headed" up there
It must be HELL on a carbureted car

Ken Block is a serious driver, has some mad skills

I use to go up Pikes Peak every year
when I'd visit Bandimere/Morrison Co. Speedway

I had my brake fluid boiling on an old Chevy C3500
after getting to the top, strange **** for sure...
I wasn't even pushing it hard...

Went to Broadmoor Resort for Golf on the way back
with some locals

Drove that road to Pike's Peak in 1975 in my '69 Super Bee. Wife was scared to death all the way up, course she was on the passenger side looking out at the drop-offs most of the way up. I think Ken Block was following me taking notes. :lol:

This car -
PC260002.JPG

It would be a LOT of fun just to be a passenger in his car.

You could just take the cog rail train. I went one spring day. The temps at the station were in the low 70s. People in shorts and tees looked at me funny because I had a jacket with me and was wearing long pants and a sweatshirt. When we got to the top there was a race to the gift shop to by Pikes Peak jackets and sweat shirts. It gets chilly above the tree line with the wind howling.

Auto Transport Service
Back