• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A reminder to everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spell Nazis will critique any and everything. No matter how minor. I know of a few people who's OCD is their main personality traits, we'll that and arguing about everything just because it's there favorite thing. I have a neighbor who will go out of his way to contradict everything anybody says. It's annoying as hell.
These are the same people who go to carshows for the exact purpose being a Barret-Jackson level critic at shows IMO.

As long we know the difference between to, two and too. As well as the correct uses for there and their. Who cares

The spell Nazis

:lol:
Spelling Nazi must resist correcting spelling.jpg

Why is it the people with higher grammar standards are compared to Hitlers people? The NAZI title was never appropriate and is WAY beyond its expiration date.
Seriously....And further, why are people willing to stand by and watch the language go to ****? Are these people the same way with litter in their neighborhood? Graffitti? Gangs ? Stinky bums sleeping in front of stores? Where is your pride?

big leap from spelling mistakes to gangs and sticky bums sleeping in front of stores ,don't you think

These are the same people who go to carshows for the exact purpose being a Barret-Jackson level critic at shows IMO.
These are the same people that post on a forum "I am here for the restorations and the processes of rebuilding them." When you search under their name they have not made one post, one personal thread and not even one click of(thanks, like, agree) in ANY of the restorations sections. They also, never post any pictures of their car or cars.....Which clearly shows they are full of SH##!!!

In a split second that same person will rip on someone for spelling/grammar mistakes...Really, shows what that individual is truly here for!

You got some good points that you're bringing up . . . but let me try and illustrate it with a possible scenario . . .

Your zipper is down ( unknowingly ) would you rather:
1 -
have the guy say in a loud voice to you ( so everyone can hear ) YOUR ZIPPER IS DOWN DUDE ! ! !
2 - take you aside and quietly let you know that your zipper is down

1 - is synonymous with bringing it out in the open forums
2 - is synonymous with sending the mis-speller a PM to let them know of their typo

I'm not perfect, never claimed to be . . . and I won't be the one to cast the first stone at a typo ( I catch them in my text days later ) . . . be considerate.

Valid analogy. Did I leave my zipper down because I knew better but was to lazy to pull it up? Did I check my zipper before going into public? Have I had this pointed out to me before and continue to do it? Did I ignore all the times my mom tried to teach me proper public etiquette and zippers? Do I rely on others to pull up my zipper for me?

Should people really care if I want to go through life with my zipper down? After all, it is my zipper. Is that any of their business?

Is it really fair to make assumptions about the guy that continuously goes into public with his zipper down?

;)

Worked at Blackie's Hot Dog on Sunday afternoon's/evenings. There's a guy talking to the owners. He talks with " dees, dems and doe's and he's well dressed. He trying to get her let him franchise the place, she declined. We were listening to him talk to her. The owner son was in his late 30's worked at Ford Finance and kept his hand in the Hot Dog business (It's a gold mine) and help out with payroll etc.. He comes near us and says " don't let the dees, dems and doe's fool you" he owns several high volume dealerships and was worth millions.
So don't sell people who don't spell or don't talk proper English short.

Last edited:
It just so fitting in many cases, the stereotypes
Spelling Nazi Spell Smart.jpg

It's a big difference equating someone, "alleged"
liking to support or put up with gangs, drugs or graffiti,
that doesn't see a need to correct everyone constantly,
for spelling & grammatical errors...
On a car forum...
The "actual contribution/help & information"
is far more important to some people...
Life's far to short for the petty superiority BS...
Spelling An argument lost resorts to spelling mistakes.jpg

Last edited:
Valid analogy. Did I leave my zipper down because I knew better but was to lazy to pull it up? Did I check my zipper before going into public? Have I had this pointed out to me before and continue to do it? Did I ignore all the times my mom tried to teach me proper public etiquette and zippers? Do I rely on others to pull up my zipper for me?

Should people really care if I want to go through life with my zipper down? After all, it is my zipper. Is that any of their business?

Is it really fair to make assumptions about the guy that continuously goes into public with his zipper down?

;)
...or....did you leave that zipper down just to impress the ladies? :rofl:

I hear the eels are largest in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back